Need help with prep & prime lash...

Pariah

I just purchased prep and prime lash and zoom lash mascara about a week ago. I bought it on the recommendation of a SA who had amazing looking lashes. I actually asked her which false lashes she was wearing, and she told me none, just the prep and prime and zoom lash. My problem is that it is looking very clumpy on me. The SA says she does about six coats (!) of p&p, but hers were not clumpy at all. I've been using the p&p, mascara, then "combing" my lashes out with a little lash comb, but they're still looking very dry/clumpy. What am I doing wrong? I want to have huge, dramatic lashes like the SA does!

Thanks!

pumpkincat210

Zoom lash and the prep and prime made my eyeshadow clumpy in the beginning of the tube of prep and prime. Maybe try wiping some of the primer off the wand first then applying the zoom lash when the primer is completely dry. The best mascara with prep and prime in my opinion was mascara X. Plushlash is pretty good too.

trollydolly

ive been having the same problem with prep and prime lash. ive been using it for 3 months now with plushlash and it just looks like crap! ive stopped using it now because i just cant get it to not look clumpy, my lashes look so much better without it. the only thing ive found it was good for is stopping my mascara from melting and under my eyes going black

COBI

I noticed that my "old" prep & prime was clumpy and when I finally broke down and bought a new one, it was FANTASTIC and not clumpy at all.

Pariah

Thanks for the replies!

After experimenting, I've come up with a method that works... I open both tubes (zoom lash and prep & prime), and scrape all the excess product off of both. Then I apply the P&P and immediately apply zoom lash. It seems that the zoom lash smooths out the P&P if I apply it right away before it dries, and it looks great!

I tried waiting until the P&P was completely dry before applying the mascara, and I found the clumps were the absolute worst then. Applying it while it was still wet has been working very well.