Need makeup recs for formal outing (NOT PROM!) next week! (pics of dress inside)

iheartjuppy

I apologize in advance for the SUPER long post, but desperately need SPECIFIC recommendations based on what I currently own (or picking up a few things)!

We have a formal evening out planned for next week and I have NO clue how to do my makeup - I've been very uninspired lately (lots of Coco pigment and Spring Bean lustreglass...LAZY!). I'm NW20, brown hair, brown eyes. My dress and MAC lipstick/gloss/eye collection are behind the cut. ANY help is appreciated (the more specific the better (i.e. what in crease, outer lid, etc. etc.))!

So, I'm wearing this dress (in floor length) (THIS PIC IS NOT ME!!):
B000EOOL52.01-A2HLK9C2IWJJB7._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

But mine is in this color:
65_1.JPG

I'm NW20, brown hair, brown eyes.
Oh, if it helps, I have the following MAC shadows and lipstick/glosses (any combos or multiple recs - more to play with when I practice this weekend - are appreciated!!):

MAC Lipsticks I Own...(it's a sickness, really)

B Cup
Body Suit
Captive
Charismatic
Chica Boom
Crème De La Femme
Curiositease
Dainty Cake
Delish
Desire
Eden Rocks
Entwined
Expensivo
Exuberant
Feelright
Fleshpot
Fleshlight
Fresh Buzz
Galvanize
Gel
Gemboree
Gigglefest
Gleam
Groupie
High Strung
Hipster
Hue
Hug Me
Hyper
Icon
Jubilee
Kooky
La-Di-Bra
Meltdown
Melting Kiss
Midimauve
Mischievous
Missy Plum
Modum
O
Oh Sheer Up
Pervette
Petal Lure
Pink
Pinkydee
Pink Aperitif
Pink Maribou
Play It Soft
Plink!
Plum Dandy
Plum FM
Plum Sauce
Plumful
Politely Pink
Pompadorable
Quietone
Rags to Riches
Ramblin Rose
Razzamatazzle
Retrodaze
Sheer Plum
Shy Shine
Sophisto
Strength
Sweetie
Tease Me
Tempt Me
Twig
Viva Glam I - V

MAC Lipglasses/Lustreglasses/Stains/TLCs/Etc. I Own...

Baumy Bronze TLC
BBerry
Beaux
Be Seen
Bow Belle
Briefly Pink
Bronze Sugar
Caramel Frostee
Chapeau
Chicky
Chicmates
Chromaliving
Clear
Cool and Aloof
Courting Rose
Creme Cocktail
Damzel
Dreamy
Duo Rose
Dusk
Electron Pink
Explicit
Flash of Flesh
Fleur De Light
Flight of Fancy
Fool For You
Fool's Gold
Ghettoflower Stain
Good as Gold
Gold Charm
Heartthrob
Hi Resin Rose
Impish
Little Pink
Low Light Silver
Luminary
Magic Spell
Metalphysical
Nico
Of Corset
Oyster Girl
Petal Pusher
Petting Pink TLC
Pink Clash
Pitter Patter Stain
Pop Mode
Prrr
Sable
Silly
Sinnamon
Sizzlepeach
So Baroque
Song and Dance
Sorcery
Spin Pink
Spring Bean
Summerfete TLC
Sweet Inspiration
Trance Plant
Twirltone Stain
Uberpeach
Varneesh
Viva Glam V
Who's That Lady
Zazoom

MAC Eyeshadows I Own...

Agate
Banshee
Beautiful Iris
Black Tied
Blu Noir
Casa Blanca
Chill
Chroma Sinful Serpent
Cinders
Crystal Avalance
Dazzlelight
Discrete
Dream
Femme Noir
Filamint
Fineshine
Forgery
Freshwater
Gingersoft
Gleam
Goldbit
Gorgeous Gold
Honesty
Idol Eyes
Inventive Eyes
Iris Print
Issue
Jest
Knight Divine
Li'lilly
Llama
Lazy Green
Lucky Green
Moth Brown
Mylar
Night Owl
Nocturnelle
Nylon
Oceanique
Orb
Pearl of the Earth
Phloof
Pink Freeze
Pollen
Prose and Fancy
Ricepaper
Romantique
Say Yeah
Seedy Pearl
Shroom
Slip Pink
Sugarwhite
Sunday Best
Sweet Lust
Taupeless
Tease 'n' Teal
Twillery
Vanilla
Vapour
Velour
Vex
White Frost
White Wheat
Yogurt

MAC Pigments I Own...

Acid Orange
All-Girl
Blue
Blue Brown
Blue Storm
Bright Fuchsia
Chocolate Brown
Clear Blue Sky
Coco
Coco Beach
Copper
Copper Sparkle
Cornflower
Dark Soul
Deep Blue Green
Deep Purple
Deckchair
Fairylite
Frost
Frozen White
Fuchsia
Gold
Goldenaire
Golden Lemon
Golden Olive
Green Brown
Kitschmas
Lovely Lily
Maroon
Melon
Naked
Naval Blue
Nocturnal Plum
Pink Bronze
Pink Opal
Pink Pearl
Platinum
Provence
Pure White
Rose
Silver
Silver Fog
Silver Metal
Steel Blue
Tan
Teal
Vanilla
Violet
White
White Gold

Kat

Now that I'm over my envy...I think a gold smokey eye might look nice...a bit grecian goddess, especially with the beautiful cut of that dress!! and a nice sheer plummy lip maybe...I'm not into lipglasses etc myself because I don't like the texture but they are lovely for the fresh, wet look they give. A nice sheen on your cheeks would be great as well...maybe with trace gold or petticoat?

If you want to tie any of your makeup in with the dress, maybe you could throw an accent of cranberry or something similar into the eye, but I would personally go for a lip in a similar tone (albeit a little lighter).

iheartjuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
Now that I'm over my envy...I think a gold smokey eye might look nice...a bit grecian goddess, especially with the beautiful cut of that dress!! and a nice sheer plummy lip maybe...I'm not into lipglasses etc myself because I don't like the texture but they are lovely for the fresh, wet look they give. A nice sheen on your cheeks would be great as well...maybe with trace gold or petticoat?

If you want to tie any of your makeup in with the dress, maybe you could throw an accent of cranberry or something similar into the eye, but I would personally go for a lip in a similar tone (albeit a little lighter).

That sounds lovely! Any specific recs for what shadows to use for the eye? I'm thinking about doing my makeup then heading to MAC to have them apply false lashes (I am too nervous to do my own)!

Kat

I was thinking Goldmine eyedshadow...just because that's the one that I have! And it's a 'warm' gold and I know that Gorgeous Gold is more of a 'cool' gold.

I think a warmer tone might go better with your dress. I'm not too familiar with pigments (unfortunately there is only a counter near me so I have to stick with e/s) but I'm sure you probably have something in a similar tone?? Maybe you could even throw some light golden coppery tones in as well. I notice you have copper sparkle which always looks fabulous in the FOTDs i see with it.

I do love me some Cranberry as well so that might work well for the accent...but once again i'm sure there are some pigment tones that might work just as well, or even better! Maybe maroon pigment?

But I suppose my major tip would be to stick to warm shades because of the colour of your dress
smiles.gif
Sorry I can't be more specific!

ps: the false lashes sound like they'd add an extra luxe touch as well
smiles.gif

shamelessmuse

I would personally do a 50's type look. Taupe and beige eyeshadow with black, liquid eyeliner with wings. Then do a bolder lip in the color family of the dress.

jess98765

twillery with goldmine. black eyeliner to line- smudge blackness up to purple to give smokey look. Heaps of mascara/ fake lashes to give dramatic effect. Nice glossy lipglass/ lustreglass -something quite subtle -maybe of corset??