Need new foundation recommendation

civicbabe627

So I am sad to say that I believe my MUFE HD foundation is making me break out. I have been using it for a little over a month, and have noticed that ever since I ordered the samples and wore them - that I have definitely been breaking out more often. I have been using the same cleanser and moisturizer for a little while now - so I don't think those are my problems. Anyway - I think that I am going to look for a different foundation just in case. The problem is, I don't know where to start.

These are the foundations that I have tried already and they didn't work for me:
-Rimmel liquid foundation
-MAXX factor liquid foundation
-Covergirl Tru Blend
-Neutrogena liquid foundation (the kind that's supposed to help w/breakouts)
-Lancome Teint Idole liquid foundation
-and of course my beloved MUFE HD

I would prefer to use a liquid foundation, or even cream if it provides enough coverage. I have dry skin with a slightly oily t-zone and chin in the warmer months.

I have been thinking of trying MAC's StudioTech. I know everyone says that MAC's foundations are crap - but I also hear people that swear by them. I think it might be worth a try anyway. Any thoughts from people who have used this? If it didn't work for you, what's your skin type like?

foxyqt

I have normal/dry skin and I use Armani Luminous Silk foundation.. I like that it has a light consistency but good coverage.. it also does not oxidise! which is very important for me, and gives a natural glowy look to the skin
smiles.gif
Im NC20/25 and I use shade 4.5 Sand

VDUB*BELLA

I am picky with my foundations as well and I swear by MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish. I love the finish I get when I use it with my 187 and it has buildable coverage.

Kuuipo

I like NARS oilfree, its full of antioxidants and does not change colour, its a medium coverage, and for lighter coverage I like Vincent Longo Water canvas (it has 2 tyes-healthy finish-matte or dewey finish) because it never broke me out, has antioxidants and a zinc based sunscreen. Its soothing and has improved my complexion. I wound uo throwing away several bottles of Laura Mercier because it was always too pink, too peachy or too streaky. I tried HD foundation and thought Longo's foundation was more flawless, so that and NARS are my HD. I like Chanel for heavier coverage. Dior and Estee Lauder and Lancome all break me out...MAC breaks me out as well. Neutrogena oxidizes on my skin, Revlon is always too pink to be natural, even on the warm beige shades.

PBunnieP

-Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation enriched with minerals [dont know if you tried this particular one but I think its really fantastic, great coverage, smooth and doesn't dry out skin. make sure it says "enriched with minerals" in a squeeze tube]

-Maybelline mineral power LIQUID makeup [colours are great, slightly dewy finish, light-medium coverage..very believable finish]

-MUFE Face and Body Foundation [water/gel texture, very light, incredibly natural skin like finish, can be layered for coverage, water based-oil free]

1165Cheryl

I have found and fallen in love with 3 new products i'm using. First is smashbox's Photo finish primer, omg I love it!! Then I use Kevyn Aucion Skin Enhancer, it's a great concealer and hides everything. Them i use Georgio Armani shaping Cream foundation which goes on so smooth & great with the photo finisher. These are very expensive and was able to get them all at a discount but they are so worth it and will last a very long time. Words cant describe the finish the smashbox photo finisher provides, so silky smooth..I've never felt my skin feel that soft ever before. The concealer even covers up the rash I get from my lupus, it's fantastic without looking to heavy. I dont use these everyday mainly days when I really want to look good. On the other days I use B.E's powders or La Mer "The Powder".

I love this site, it's such a good place for information like this. This is were I found out about the products I mentioned
smiles.gif

Suri

I used Laura Mercier foundation. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, and I don't get any breakouts yet from it. I've used other foundation before but I had terrible breakouts and it put a stress on my skin that it's difficult for the breakouts to heal until I went to the doctor. She gave me a medicine to calm everything down..

Anyway, if you like to try another foundation, try Laura Mercier oil free foundation, and it seems great for sensitive skin too since I also have sensitive skin. It's very lightweight and buildable. Also I use Mac Mineralize Skinfinish natural as the setting powder, and I don't get any breakouts from MAC mineralize skinfinish natural too.

Anyway, hope you find a foundation that won't break your skin out.
smiles.gif

mizuki~

How about Revlon Colorstay? A lot of people (including myself) love it.

Studio tech is good too. Doesn't seem to oxidise on me like StudioFix