Need recs for black eye shadow with glitter

piika

I would like to be daring and try a smokey eye with a black (or dark grey) glittery eye shadow. Could anyone recommend one? I noticed that quite a few lines carry such shadows (including MAC of course) so I'm not sure what to get. Thanks!

[Update with photo]: The reason is that I love this look (I finally found the picture today):

Doing smokey eyes on asians is always so tricky, but the model is a Japanese star (this was an ad by the Shiseido Aupres line sold in asia, and the eye shadow was immediately sold out because of it). So I thought it's promising...

I want her hair too!

tracie

black tied is nice, but its not in your face glittery. You could try using one of the glitter liners when they're re-released in a week or so
smiles.gif
Mercuric looks beautiful, I'm waiting for mine in the mail. Hope this helps..

so_siqqq

I like Blacktied it's a black with sparkles in it. But it's not like insane sparkle.
Carbon is a nice flat matte black.
Anti-Establish (LE) and Silver Ring are nice greys/silvers. Both are similar.
Ooh, and Nighttrain is a really nice smokey color though it's LE.

ambidextrous

Beauty Marked is black with red glitter in it, the same as with black tied, just red shimmer/glitter. not chunky at all. the problem is, that the red glitter only shows up well when applied wet...

piika

Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll head to the MAC counter again soon to check them out. Unfortunately Miliani is not sold anywhere in Canada.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJam
I also like the Dark Soul pigment for eyeshadow. It has a nice shimmer

it is, but it's not eyesafe...
ssad.gif

springy

i mixed absolute gold pigment with lo-desity brown e/s and some mixing medium and got a great glitter look. i sure you could do the same with black and silver.

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
it is, but it's not eyesafe...
ssad.gif

The newer jars of Dark Soul(ending in 5) are (but still not lipsafe)! The eyesafe jars might be a bit hard to get, though, since they are selling out of the old ones first.

Also, Oil Slick by Urban Decay is a really nice black with sparkles eyeshadow. It's pretty much just like Black Tied, but perhaps a bit more metallic and with more noticeable glitter, I'd say (I have a terrible time explaining these things, so I hope you catch my drift, hehe).

nordic_doll

I'd look at NARS, because the majority of their shadows are rich and glittery/sparkly.. I know that Holt Renfrew carries it

Beauty Marked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordic_doll
I'd look at NARS, because the majority of their shadows are rich and glittery/sparkly.. I know that Holt Renfrew carries it

You beat me to it.
lol.gif
NARS Night Breed it a great black with silver microglitter. Lovely. It is most intense applied wet and patted on top of a base, as you probably already knew
blush-anim-cl.gif

HTH

ambidextrous

if you want the color like the model, take Plumage eyeshadow. it's a bluegreen back ^^ see pic

left to right: Carbon, Plumage, Beauty Marked. Since I used flash, the colors appear brighter, so Plumage in real does look a little more black

Jennifer Mcfly

I have an eyeshadow from Ulta that looks exactly like Black tied and it's called:

Silent Night

It's an awesome color and half the price of Mac's

I got it over a year ago, so I don't know if they still make it, but you can check the website

www.ulta.com

or if there's a store near you.

xiahe

Black Tied. It's not SUPER sparkly, but it's got flecks of glitter in it. If you wana go the cheaper route (but still really high quality), there's also Milani's Storm e/s (which is just like Black Tied IMO.) If you want something SUPER SPARKLY...maybe use some glitter liners or add a little bit of loose glitter to the lids after applying the shadow.

mspixieears

What about wearing Blitz & Glitz fluidline as an e/s?

Also, UD Oil Slick e/s, which is a poor man's version of NARS Night Breed e/s.

lovejam

Ah! The model is actress Yukie Nakama. I like her, but it's so weird seeing her with bangs. Usually, her hair is long and parted down the middle and she doesn't wear much makeup. Still, she looks great! It'd be enough to make me want to buy whatever she's wearing too.
eyelove.gif

Anyway, doesn't MAC make one called "Black Tied" that is black with silver glitter? The only glittery black I've ever used was Urban Decay's "Oil Slick," which is also black with silver glitter. UD tends to put more glitter in their shadows than MAC, so you might want to check it out if you want something that stands out more.
smiles.gif