need recs for my costume

mellz

I'm going to be the lovely Mrs. Marilyn for Halloween and I need some make-up recs. I'm a golden brown color with brown eyes. any help would be appreciated
graucho.gif

YvetteJeannine

Well....if this is any help to you, Marilyn was one of the first to rock a smokey eye look....so maybe you could go with something like that....with lush fake lashes and a red, red lip.

Hawkeye

This is a reveiw I wrote on ebay. Maybe this will help you?

One of the most beautiful things about Marilyn Monroe was her classic timeless beauty.
When I see Marilyn Monroe Four things jump out at me:
1) Eyebrows
2) Gorgeous Eyelashes
3) Those Red Lips
4) The infamous beauty mark!
This makeup look is such an easy look to copy anyone can do it.
List of tools you will need:
Red lipliner, red lipstick, Black liquid liner, mascara, nude eyeshadow (or Taupe/silvery) , brow shadow/pencil, mascara, blush.
First: Make sure you have your foundation. Make sure your foundation is smooth and matte.
Second: Make sure your eyebrows are well groomed. Marilyn had lovely eyebrows and impeccable. Use brow color (eyeshadow, pencil) to fill them in make them look nice.
Third: The eyes. Get two colors-a highlight and a nude. I personally use MAC Shroom and MAC Kid. Others like more color so they may throw in NARS Bombshell, MAC Satin Taupe or a lilacky color.
Use a liquid eyeliner-I LOVE MAC's Fluidliner in Blacktrack. I use a thin brush and create a line from the inner corner of my eye. About half way to my eye instead of following its natural curve-I just keep going straight and just a little past my eye. I then fill in. Creating the cats eye look. DO NOT LINE YOUR LOWER LASHLINE FOR THIS LOOK!
For the Mascara, they say to use Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. I'm going to tell you I've had horrible experiences with it. Use a volumizing, lengthening Mascara (Lancome Fatale is AWESOME for this, BeneFit Badgal is also good!)
Then you put on your mascara and curl your lashes. If you want to be more Marinlyn-ish use false eyelashes!
Your done with the eyes!
For the Blush I would dare say ignore it.
For the lips:
Marilyn used RED. It was HER color. She is the one that put RED on the map. Her lips were ALWAYS Matte.
How do you do this? Get a red lipliner. Fill in your lips
Lipliner suggestion: MAC Redd, NARS Jungle Red
Go over the lipliner with your RED Lipstick:
EX: Revlon Cherry's in the Snow, MAC Russian Red, MAC Lady Bug, NARS Jungle Red, NARS Scarlet Empress, Chanel Red no 5
To add to the fun of it all- take a brown pencil put it on your cheek cover with powder- you have the beauty mark!
And to Really bring out your SEXY SENSUAL Marilyn Monroe Sex Kitten-
Add some Chanel No. 5 Perfume.
Don't forget to add a few diamonds!

Simply Elegant

For the eyes, maybe just some blacktrack applied thickly at the outer corner and thinner on the top lid only with 3 or 7 lashes. Then for your blush, maybe sweet willian blushcreme or dollymix powder blush. And if you have pure vanity lipglass and russian red lipstick I think that would work. If not, possibly rouge noir with russian red lipglass.

jpohrer

There is a great turorial in Kevyn Aucoin's book Making Faces. He transforms Lisa Marie Presley into MM circa 1954. In his follow-up book Face Forward, he transforms Liza in to MM circa 1962. HTH!