Need some advice on Air Travel booking

kabuki_KILLER

Later in October, I'm planning to fly to Tokyo Narita for this giant rock festival in Chiba, Japan. I'm going on an invite. I found this site, CheapoAir, which has some insanely low rates. I also tried searching for reviews on this website. I've seen a few reasonable reviews and a lot of horrible ones, but those were mostly written by people that admitted to doing something stupid like "typing their credit card in wrong" or "denied for bad credit." Then they just blamed it on the travel agent.

Has anyone here used this website before? It's not one that my family has ever tried, so some input from some real people would be appreciated.

Holy Rapture

I'd never heard of this site before but, now that I checked, it really is very cheap! Thanks for sharing. I hope though someone on here gives some reviews about it. I'd like to know too
smiles.gif

kabuki_KILLER

@Rapture: You're welcome.
tong.gif

@the above person: Most of those are pretty cheap too. I'm willing to spend no more tha 750, so I keep my fingers crossed.

kabuki_KILLER

Sometimes I don't like going to Complaint websites because you know people only go there to complain. That aside, people are more than likely to write an impassioned negative review for a company when something bad happens than to write a positive review for when everything goes as planned. That's why I take these reviews with a grain of salt. All I gather is that since everything is so cheap, there is a higher level of uncertainty than with older companies. Hopefully in the future, they will get better and still be able to offer amazing rates.

I actually had a worse experience on travelocity with continental airlines. To cancel my 500 dollar flight, they only gave me 150 credit for a future flight that I had to use within one year. To make matters worse, the company has very limited routes and destinations. No Los Angeles to San Fran and that's such a popular route! Well, the year is over, so I lost 500 bucks. Know this, I will never ever buy continental again. I do not blame travelocity. They did what they were supposed to.

kaliraksha

Yeah, I know what you mean about review sites, but I liked that this one explained policies... which is where a lot of us get screwed... never reading those terms and conditions.

I had a horrible experience with Hotwire... they changed my flight by 8 hours earlier and no one bothered to inform me... the airline company said it was hotwire's responsibility, and hotwire said it was the airline company's problem. I never got compensated. I ended up sleeping on the floor of the DFW airport overnight to try to catch a flight to make it home for Christmas. Ugh, which is why I chose to always read and ask about all policies and pay more when it mattered to me.

Good luck finding a good deal on airfare! My friend went to Japan this last summer from Austin,TX for 500 RT w/taxes.

kabuki_KILLER

That's an awesome deal your friend got!

I know what you mean by the terms and stuff. Which is why I guess you have to read all the fine print. I hate sometimes when you have to sign a contract without an attourney and it's a novel, then they try to rush you through it (or else it'd take a week). If the contract is that big and it's kind of a big deal, you should take it home and have a week to look over it and ask questions.

So I guess hotwire is out too. It's not the travel agent's fault if the airline changes scheduling, but it is their fault if they don't send multiple emails or call to make sure you know. They are being paid, afterall. Sometimes they're a bit haphazard about notifications if they have a lot of business.

kaliraksha

Yeah, I think the part that made me angrier is that I had called 3 times that day to verify my flight. I'm a little OCD when it comes to travel arrangements. I absolutely wouldn't have cared if it was like weather, because they can't control that but I was told that they merged my flight into another because there weren't enough passengers for the later flight to basically make it profitable.

But, I wanted to let you know that although AA is expensive they are offering a 10% off promotion, if all else fails.

You have to play this little game and then they email you a 10% promotional code to use on their site.

https://www.aasoccerchallenge.com/?a...L&title=soccer