Need some ebay advice please!

angi

First off, I apologise if this is in the wrong place. Mods, please move if it is.

I really really need some help with an ebay transaction that I did. I'm the seller.

I sold a phone on ebay last week, and I specified that I would only ship within the UK, and that payment must come from a confirmed paypal account.

Well, the auction ends, the phone sells (yay!), then the buyer (who is registered in the UK) tells me that he is on 'holiday' in St Lucia and asks me to send the phone there. I refuse, he treats me as if I've done the wrong thing. I cancel transaction, he agrees, and I get my final value fee back.

I then offer the phone as a second chance. Buyer accepts straight away (on the Tuesday), but doesn't pay. On the Wednesday I notice he has listed my phone with my photo without my permission, without having paid for it, and without having it in his possession. Ebay remove the listing due to unauthorised copying of my photo. He relists with different photo.

By Thursday he still hasn't paid (his BIN listing is still going). I ask him when he is going to pay (I don't call him out on stealing my photo or selling my phone without having it for the good of keeping the transaction smooth). He tells me that he will pay by Saturday. I agree, but by this point I'm really not happy with the way the transaction is going.

He pays me on Saturday (my phone on his listing has still not sold) and his address on ebay and paypal is marked down as all 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx' except his name, town and postcode. Strangely, the address is confirmed, but obviiously I'm not able to send it to his confirmed address, as it's not a real address. He tells me that he will send me his new address.

Today, his listing of my phone ends (doesn't sell). He relists it and it sells almost immediately. He then sends me an address to send the phone to that is not his name, nor in a town anywhere where he lives. I tell him that I am not happy sending the phone to anything other than the confirmed address, and he keeps telling me 'It's ok, I work for the mail company if you send it signed for you'll be protected' (which isn't true). I try to back out of the transaction, he says that he won't mutually agree (which will mean I'll lose my final value fee). So we're now at a stalemate, and I'm actually really angry about it because I feel like there's nothing I can do.

So this is what he does. He buys a phone on ebay. Relists it immediately for a little bit more before paying. Waits until it sells, gives the buyers address to the person that he just brought it off and gets them to send the phone directly to his buyer, therefore by passing him and meaning he never has the phone. So this is where he makes the money, as he never pays for postage.

I am not going to send this phone out, I just want my ebay fees back and to sell this phone to someone that wants it, but he won't let me. Please anyone, do you have any advice as to what I can do?

Rant over. Thank you!

TISH1124

That is pretty BS...I would tell him I am only shipping it to a confirmed Ebay addess in his name...Not to the person he relisted and sold it to to make a profiit...He can then reship it to his buyer and pay his own S/H fees ...not piggy back off yours...If he does not want to do so then the transaction will be disputed thru paypal because you did not list to ship to a third party..then I would Block him from buying from me in the future ...

panda0410

And I dont this is legal either actually.... 3rd party selling of non comissioned items through an auction site like ebay is prohibited - I'm sure I read that somewhere!! Have you notified paypal and ebay of his scam? And yes you are right - if you send anything to anywhere OTHER than the buyers actual confirmed address you are definitely NOT covered.

MACATTAK

I agree with Panda. You need to let Ebay and Paypal know. This sounds like something that is not allowed, and they will be able to rectify this (possibly even suspend this seller). Make sure to keep all correspondence between you and him, as they may need it.

Half N Half

Forget about the listing fees! You need to give this guy a refund, report his ass and be done with it. What a scammer!!

MizzVivaGlam

Wow how stupid.What did he make like an extra $5-10 out of it? I would for sure report him, save all the emails between you and him and tell Paypal the same story you posted here.