Need some help!!

Enchantedcameo

I am very excited and scared at the same time. The manager at the Mac counter I go to wants me to apply for a freelance position. She called my cell phone and left a message a few minutes ago. She first talked with my sister and told her to let me know. I really want to but at the same time don't mainly out fear of really sucking at it.

LindaP

Wow, what better job to have then doing something you truly enjoy!

Close your eyes, jump in and GO FOR IT !

LC

Do it! Not only will you get a discount (40%), but it will be good experience. And it's not like you have to committ to anything. You can decline anytime they ask you to come in. And really they don't ask you to come in that often. And on the days you work, you can be getting great tips from the other artists as well as learn a lot about the product, stuff you never knew. You'll get the hang of everything, just do it
smiles.gif
you'll be so mad at yourself later if you dont do it

Enchantedcameo

I called the manager back yesterday. I come in Monday to go over the details. I am so excited, nervous and scared at the same time. I know this an opportunity of a life time. She told me she loves my passion, and knows I can grow within the company. So I am super excited and can't wait for Monday!

Enchantedcameo

I never updated this I am very sorry. I got the position and I go in this Friday for my first job! I am very nervous and excited.

Miss_Jackie

freelancers no longer get the 40% off discount! it sucks! But CONGRATS I am a freelancer and I love every minute of it

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Jackie
freelancers no longer get the 40% off discount! it sucks! But CONGRATS I am a freelancer and I love every minute of it

ew really!?!? wow that's so dumb! it doesnt make any sense because any makeup artist who applies for the pro card gets the 40%, and OBVIOUSLY freelancers are makeup artists...ugh. sorry to any freelancers!!

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
ew really!?!? wow that's so dumb! it doesnt make any sense because any makeup artist who applies for the pro card gets the 40%, and OBVIOUSLY freelancers are makeup artists...ugh. sorry to any freelancers!!

But wouldn't that mean that freelancers could apply for a Pro card on account of being freelancers, they'd just have to pay the membership fee?

LC

If they go by the guidelines then no because you can't just show a paystub and have that be proof. And although the fee is small, they shouldn't have to pay anything to get the discount