Need Specktrapproval of my MAC Interview FOTD (pleaseandthankyou)!

photogeek

So MAC is calling me tomorrow to tell me if they're interested in me or not- I have another job offer that I have to decide on pretty much this Monday (ahh.) but MAC is my ideal job-- so I'm worried about rushing them, but don't want to get stuck without either job. Anyway- point is that I'm preparing for an interview as if I have it tomorrow...am quite nervous about looking enough like a MAC Girl! I'm not the poshthinmodel type at all.
CC is VERYverymuch welcomed
yes.gif

Keep in mind this is the first MAC of any kind in my state (Vermont), opened 2 weeks ago, and the MAs working there have a range of natural to dramatic (but no superfiercedramatics going on) so I don't want to be too OTT but I'm comfortable with the amount below or so.

Sorry for the weird face, haha...and I didn't photoshop at ALL (am proud of that, haha, am a PSD junkie):

original look:
mac_look1.jpg

closer in:
mac_closeup_look1.jpg

first look again (to compare with slightly more dramatic in next photo):
mac_interview_look1.jpg

slightly more dramatic version (better?):
mac_interview_look2.jpg

what I used:
mac_interview_breakdown.jpg

Face:
Max Factor Panstick in Nude Ivory
BE Bare minerals in Fair (lightest shade they have, lol)
MUFE Camoflage Palette (No11)
Cheeks:
NARS Gilda on cheekbones
NARS Cactus Flower on apples of cheeks
NARS Albatross to highlight cheekbones
Lips:
MUFE AquaLip l/l in 2C
CG Sheer l/s in Blushberry Shine (#415) luurve this one, so natural
Stila Lipglaze in Apricot
Brows/Lashes:
MAC Brow Set in Show Off (too heavy? brows are a new addition to me)
Benefit BadGal mascara (will be wearing MAC #32 falsies when I go in!)
Eyes:
MAC Paint pot in Rubenesque (lid)
MAC Gorgeous Gold (inner corner)
Smashbox 24K (lid, especially in center) - MAClookalike is Goldmine
Jane Gel e/l Black (really really thick line--- covered with:
MAC Swimming to make it really bright
UD Mildew (crease)
MAC Carbon (very outer corner)
MAC Shroom (browbone, inner corner of eye)
---Under eyes:
Rubenesque covered in MAC Rose pigment, then black liner on the outer lower corner covered in UD Mildew

Please let me know whatcha think/what you'd change/etc.
Thank you ladies!!
meg

Ps- if you have ideas for dupes of any of my NARS or lip products in the MAC line that would be fantastic and wonderful..I don't have enough MAC to do the whole look with the brand, but want to be able to answer if they ask. will research it myself, but if anything pops out at y'all that'd be nice too
thmbup.gif

vocaltest

it looks nice but i personally would make it more dramatic. bring your liner all the way across and flick it out, and blend your eyeshadow more into the highlight colour. i think it looks a little 'unfinished', i.e you need to make it stand out more. and i think you need more blush, but then again that could be the flash lol my fotds sometimes look like im wearing no blusher when i am! apart from that, the look is pretty
smiles.gif

photogeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
it looks nice but i personally would make it more dramatic. bring your liner all the way across and flick it out, and blend your eyeshadow more into the highlight colour. i think it looks a little 'unfinished', i.e you need to make it stand out more.

thanks for the quick reply!
do you mean the top e/l (as far as bringing it all the way across?)
the reason I don't line all the way across the bottom lash-line is because it makes my eyes look much smaller and very round-- but I certainly could try more dramatic liner on the top! will try not to be so shy about it
I agree about blending up into the highlight more, that's a really good point about it not looking completely polished.

and i think you need more blush, but then again that could be the flash lol my fotds sometimes look like im wearing no blusher when i am! [/quote]
yep, think the flash is the case here (the pics were taken at erm...about 5:30am, lol) since it was certainly noticeable IRL.

thanks again, I love(lovelove) your FOTDs, so am listening closely to this advice, lol [IMG]http://www.specktra.net/img/vbsmilies/smilies/yes.gif
m

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogeek
thanks for the quick reply!
do you mean the top e/l (as far as bringing it all the way across?)
the reason I don't line all the way across the bottom lash-line is because it makes my eyes look much smaller and very round-- but I certainly could try more dramatic liner on the top! will try not to be so shy about it
I agree about blending up into the highlight more, that's a really good point about it not looking completely polished.

and i think you need more blush, but then again that could be the flash lol my fotds sometimes look like im wearing no blusher when i am![/I]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

yep, think the flash is the case here (the pics were taken at erm...about 5:30am, lol) since it was certainly noticeable IRL.

thanks again, I love(lovelove) your FOTDs, so am listening closely to this advice, lol [IMG]http://www.specktra.net/img/vbsmilies/smilies/yes.gif
m[/quote]

thats ok! yeah thats what i mean, all you can is try it! trial & error n all that lol. maybe try lining just half underneath the bottom lash line? Tiffany (TDoll) has a great tutorial on that on her youtube channel Bright-Eyed Makeup/Applying Liquid Liner which can make it look more dramatic but without making your eyes look smaller!