Need tips for going clubbing

lipglass_junkie

Hey everybody, I jusT turned 18 a couple of months ago, and was hoping to go clubbing soon, but find myself totally overwhelmed. It's definately totally new for me. You guys have any tips? I don't know much of anything in the subject, so any information would be great.

I'll be clubbing in Sacramento most likely, so if you have any tips specific to that area, that'd be even more amazing. TIA!

NicksWifey

The few times I did go clubbing, I was underaged, I mean under the age of 21. Of course I could get in, but I had to wear those retarted giant X marks on both of my hands.
I never had fun unless I somehow got into a club where they thought I was 21. I always carried money with a paperclip and clipped it to my inside pants pocket and kept my cell phone there too. If I didn't, I would carry something really small like a wrislet or clutch.

Be prepared to get hit on a lot and be prepared to deal with a lot of crazy drunks and be prepared to have lots of annoying drunks ask you to dance and when you decline, they'll dance around you anyway
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

I have gone clubbing a bunch but i really didn't like it until I was old enough to drink. Even then it got old and i never go now. Not saying you shouldn't have the experience though.
Don't go under dressed. People dress extremely "clubby". Fun, dressy and a little more revealing than normal. Some cool heels are fun to wear if you can dance in them. It's a perfect time to wear crazy makeup too.
don't take a whole lot. It's easier to go in a group because a friend can watch your stuff and drink while you dance and you can take turns.
If you plan on drinking make sure that you don't have to drive and your driver isn't drinking. Don't get smashed. It is embarrassing to throw up in public and it's dangerous. People can take advantage of you easier if you are drunk and your defenses are down. It's always good to have a "babysitter" with you if get drunk.

I had a guy grab my arm really hard once and he wouldn't let go... i had to jerk away and get lost in the crowd. You have to be so careful! Watch your drink and keep an eye out for crazies.

Beauty Mark

-Go with x people and leave with x people. Never leave anyone at the club or let them go home with strangers. If you're drunk, you may make bad decisions like that. It may be safe (more than likely will be), but I'd rather be safe than sorry

-Make sure everyone watches out for everyone, so don't go wandering off alone. I've had quite a few guys be aggressive with me and my friends. If it gets bad, get a bouncer. They're generally awesome people
smiles.gif

-Don't carry a lot of stuff on you and always watch your stuff. My friend had her crappy cell stolen because she left it on a table at a club

-Possibly be prepared to wait in a line. Very few places do not have a line

-Carry cash if you want to use coat check

-If you're going to take photos of yourself, do it at the beginning of the night rather than the end, because your makeup will probably smudge and you'll be sweaty.

-If you somehow get a drink, make sure that you receive it from the bartender. I think there was a rise on date rape drugs within the past year or so.

-Leave at least a half hour early if you plan on hailing a cab or plan on staying around an extra hour after the club closes. And be aggressive in getting a cab! Lots of people will try to get one

Latest posts