Need Tips for Making my boyfriend the Joker for Halloween

Amaranth

If you REALLY want to make it cool (and better than anyone else who happens to show up as the Joker), I would get some liquid latex to get some 3D scarring action going on around the mouth. Luckily for this costume you don't really need to know how to use it...just paint it on kinda messy on each side of the mouth. Just make sure he shaves his face first...otherwise it will be like ripping a giant band-aid off his face. Not fun! But yeah, other than that I would recommend greasepaint for the make-up. I tend to hate greasepaint, but the Joker's make-up is all gross and old and smeary looking so it would kind of come naturally with greasepaint once it sits there for a while.

aleksis210

There's a million and 1 youtube videos on how to do the joker makeup...I think every1 and their mother is going to be this for halloween... (So you better do it the best! lol)

Shenanigans

My boyfriend is doing this as well - but I told him that since everyone was going to do it, he should do it differently. We settled on the scene where he's dressed as a nurse, same makeup though.

I'm going to use sponges to put on the grease paint, so it hopefully dries out easily and cracks a bit. I think the key is making it soft and messy (no harsh lines) and we are going to experiment with this fake scarring stuff we bought. Now that I think about it, I'm going to try using a light dusting of powder over the grease paint and see if that makes it flakier.

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
My boyfriend is doing this as well - but I told him that since everyone was going to do it, he should do it differently. We settled on the scene where he's dressed as a nurse, same makeup though.

I'm going to use sponges to put on the grease paint, so it hopefully dries out easily and cracks a bit. I think the key is making it soft and messy (no harsh lines) and we are going to experiment with this fake scarring stuff we bought. Now that I think about it, I'm going to try using a light dusting of powder over the grease paint and see if that makes it flakier.

Greasepaint won't go flaky on you, because it doesn't dry. It remains greasy the entire time. If you want it to crack, you should try that cheap water-based stuff you get for like $1 at Wal-Mart...I can't remember what it's called, but I hope you know what I mean.

Shenanigans

Well, crap. *LOL*

Since we're doing this in a couple of hours, I guess we'll just have to wing it! Thanks. =)

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Well, crap. *LOL*

Since we're doing this in a couple of hours, I guess we'll just have to wing it! Thanks. =)

Hahaha awww! You could try going for a smeary as opposed to cracked look instead, maybe.

Latest posts