Need to desperately break away from neutrals..

crashingg

When I first started using color, I found purple and green to be the easiest for me to pull off. I like to use purple on the lid and just black in the outercorners/crease for a smoky look.

Also, you could always do neutral on your lid/crease with a pop of color on the bottom lashline! I love doing this with purples, blues, and teals. good luck!

bumblebees24

I know what you mean by trying to break out of neutrals. Did you pick up any palettes from the 2009 holiday collection besides the smokey eye one? Those are great b/c they have a mixture of different colors, nudes + brighter. Maybe try using the nudes through the middle of the lid and use the brigher violets/pinks in the crease as a slow start. That way you don't feel like you're jumping right in, but get to incorporate a different color and still look "natural". Good luck!

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
Girlfriend, check out this link. I recently posted a blog about how to add a pop of color without it looking obnoxious or loud. I think this will really help you. In the blog I used blue, but you really can replace that blue with ANY other color and it will work, I PROMISE!

blog: how to add a pop of color without it looking obnoxious or loud

When I click there, it says PAGE NOT FOUND. Anymore instructions to follow to go there, please?

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
When I click there, it says PAGE NOT FOUND. Anymore instructions to follow to go there, please?

sorry i just literally changed my website hosting company so a lot of stuff changed...here is the new link to that post
smiles.gif

Lauren Clark - LC makeup blog - how to add a pop of color without it looking obnoxious or tooloud