Need urgent help with fake MAC Paypal claim

Nails

I bought some MAC off eBay (mistake #1) and later realised it was fake. Now, I've spoken to the sller and that didn't really work out so I've escalated it to a claim. Now Paypal is telling me I need a letter from "an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser, or organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not authentic."

I know this stuff is fake, I have pics etc. and comparison thanks to another Specktra member but I actually need a make up artist in the NSW, Australia area who can receive some of these items and verify that they're fake (it won't be difficult).

To be exact, this is what the letter needs:

"The document must specifically state how the item received
differs from an authentic item and must include a detailed explanation of
how the person evaluating the item determined that it is not authentic. If
possible, the document should include a serial number, and must be on
letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the
business or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary."

I have to fax this letter to PayPal by the 5th of July (next Saturday) and would seriously appreciate some urgent help!!

Just a note: I can't get to a MAC counter in the next week - I live in Canberra, a city bereft of MAC presence.

pumpkincat210

Could you call a MAC store and explain the situation and perhaps fax them some pictures that definitely show the fakeness? Or if they agree you could express mail them the fakes if a fax isn't good enough?

Stormy

PayPal does do that when you're disputing the authenticity of an item. They do it all the time for fake purses.

Nails

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Could you call a MAC store and explain the situation and perhaps fax them some pictures that definitely show the fakeness? Or if they agree you could express mail them the fakes if a fax isn't good enough?

I tried emailing them when I first suspected the items were fake and got no response and called their hotline recently and left a message with a phone number etc. and I've got zilch from them. I haven't looked for the number for my nearest store though, but I've found that often the stores can't really do much without referring you to a higher up.

Latest posts