Neutral eye shadow help...

*TwilighT*

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good nude/neutral eye shadow color. I usually use Naked pigment of Claire de Lune for my lid, and it matches very well. I use C2 foundation by the way. I was just wondering if there is a good color that would match. I was looking at Blanc Type, Naked Lunch, and Brule, but I don't really know which would match the best. I was also wondering if Handwritten is a true dark brown color that wouldn't turn colors.

Oh, and do you think it would be wise to "invest" in O lipstick and Cult of Cherry lipglass??? I really like those colors, but I am unsure if I would love them.

Thank you!!

FiestyFemme

Are you looking for an eyeshadow color that matches your skin?
I'm not really familiar with your MAC coloring, but Naked Lunch is a gorgeous peachy champagne color. It really brightens up my eyes, and it's one of those shades I can wear alone with some black liner and mascara and look amazing.
I feel like Brule and Blanc Type might be a little light for lid colors, unless that's the look you're going for.
I love Handwritten. It's my favorite dark brown, and it doesn't change colors on me at all. I usually wear it several times a week, and it replaced my previous favorite, Embark.

gujifijian

I use Tempting, Gleam, Embark, Woodwinked, bronze as my neutrals! Gleam is something that I use on my lids first and then use the other colours for the crease! And for highlighter I love Retrospeck!

*TwilighT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
Are you looking for an eyeshadow color that matches your skin?
I'm not really familiar with your MAC coloring, but Naked Lunch is a gorgeous peachy champagne color. It really brightens up my eyes, and it's one of those shades I can wear alone with some black liner and mascara and look amazing.
I feel like Brule and Blanc Type might be a little light for lid colors, unless that's the look you're going for.
I love Handwritten. It's my favorite dark brown, and it doesn't change colors on me at all. I usually wear it several times a week, and it replaced my previous favorite, Embark.

Well I was thinking about Naked Lunch, but I wasn't sure if it was to sparkly... I kind of want something with a little shimmer, but not too much, you know what I mean? It seems like a beautiful color. Are Blanc Type and Brule more of a white-ish color than beige-ish color? On the web site, they seem very white. The look that I am trying to do is like a light, skin tone color on the lid with a dark color in the crease, kind of like the 40's look. Handwritten seems like a beautiful color. How is the texture? Is it easy to blend? Smooth to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gujifijian
I use Tempting, Gleam, Embark, Woodwinked, bronze as my neutrals! Gleam is something that I use on my lids first and then use the other colours for the crease! And for highlighter I love Retrospeck!

I love to use those colors in my crease too!!! Is Retrospeck very shimmery?

Oh, by the way, Thank you both for your help!!!
thmbup.gif

Oh, and is the Cult of Cherry lipglass worth the money? Do you love to use it, if you have it?

purrtykitty

Blanc Type is a pretty matte creamy white. Retrospeck is verrrrrry shimmery - it's a lustre. If you only want subtle shimmer, walk away from the lustres.

Cult of Cherry l/g is very pretty, but it's RED. As long as you don't mind glosses with saturated colors, then you'd probably like it.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TwilighT*
Well I was thinking about Naked Lunch, but I wasn't sure if it was to sparkly... I kind of want something with a little shimmer, but not too much, you know what I mean? It seems like a beautiful color. Are Blanc Type and Brule more of a white-ish color than beige-ish color? On the web site, they seem very white. The look that I am trying to do is like a light, skin tone color on the lid with a dark color in the crease, kind of like the 40's look. Handwritten seems like a beautiful color. How is the texture? Is it easy to blend? Smooth to apply?

Is Retrospeck very shimmery?

I don't think Naked Lunch is too shimmery at all. It's a frost, and while it's definitely shimmery, I think it's glowy more than anything else. Definitely not OTT. Blanc Type is lighter, IIRC, but I've only glanced at it at the counter. Brule could be what you're looking for, but I think Naked Lunch is much prettier!
The texture of Handwritten is amazing for a matte. It's smooth and super pigmented, very easy to blend, IMO.
And Retrospeck is super shimmery. It's a lustre and tends to have a lot of glitter fallout if you don't use it wet.
HTHS!

cetati

Dreammaker or Grand Entrance from the current limited Starflash collection (or is it Electroflash? I constantly get those mixed up) are fabulous shimmery neutral colors. Maccosmetics.com even has looks based on those two on the lids. I also love to use Baked or Honey (Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil) as liners to accentuate the nudeness!