never go to mac when you've had a bad day

sherrle

yesterday was a pretty crappy day for me, so i decided to distract myself with some shopping. of course i had to go into my mac store and ended up getting my eyes done. it was the first time i had had them done; i've been putting it off because i knew i'd end up buying way too much. anyway, here's what i got....sorry no pictures:

paint pots: artifact and bare study
242 brush
studio fix nw20
new 15 shadow palette
eyeshadows: plum dressing, crystal avalanche, texture and vex

its my first time using the paint pots. i know they work best if you add shadow right after you apply the paint, does anyone have any tips to adding shadow quickly before the paint sets?

also, i think i really love the studio fix powder, i've been using the fluid for awhile but it takes pretty long to apply and some days it just seems cakey or like i'm wearing too much. the studio fix really gives nice coverage and takes like two seconds to apply. i was impressed.

this pro palette is going to get me in trouble because i'm not going to like looking at it all empty and i'll be wayyy too tempted to fill it.

glam8babe

nice haul! and i thought you just had to work fast with the paints because they dry quite quick? i havent heard anyone say anything about applying shadow straight after.. unless ive been missing out lol

alien21xx

Great haul! I've never had problems with the paint pots drying up... I think they make shadows blendable whether you apply quickly or not.
greengrin.gif
I may be doing something wrong though.
greengrin.gif

MisaMayah

haha..I was just thinking the same thing about my empty palette too. Ive only 4 eyeshadows in there and they look so lonely. But there's only 2 other colours I want as I have a big collection already. I love Studio fix powder too, its so easy to use and gives good coverage!

sherrle

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite
nice haul!!!I bet you feel much better now
smiles.gif

oh yes it definately helped. my theory is money can't buy happiness but it certainly makes for a good distraction!