New batches of better quality fakes

Eleentje

I've almost fell into the trap of purchasing fake pigments on Ebay UK, so I thought I'd warn you guys about the new stuff from Asia that is about to flood Ebay. These are better quality fakes, so they are nearly impossible to distinguish from the real deal through Ebay pictures. Only having browsed a bunch of fake pigments threads on here and comments on other websites I've realized that the stuff I was going to buy might be fake MAC. Also the auction by a well-known counterfeit seller magenta-shores has helped me a lot to come to this conclusion. I bluffed and said that I've seen the pigments I was going to buy on a well-known counterfeit website in order to get out of this purchase, but gave the seller (pistol7272) a chance to prove that pigments are authentic by sending me some kind of proof that the items were purchased from a legitimate MAC source. However the seller just said that he believes the items are authentic and agreed to cancel the transactions instead. This inclines me even more to believe that all that stuff are fakes.

Here is the list of products from magenta-shores' most recent auctions (some are older batches of fakes, but alarming are the new products, such as blushes and pro-pan refills):

PIGMENTS
French Violet
Teatime
Frost
Gold
Quick Frost
Revved Up
Gold Mode
Dark Soul
Gold Stroke
Rose Gold
Chartreuse
White
Off the Radar
Cocomotion
Fairylite
Clear Sky Blue
Genuine Orange
Jardinaires
Milk
Spiritualize
Polished Ivory
Copperized
Teal​

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]GLITTER BRILLANTS

3D Silver
Grey
Crystalled Yellow
Silver
Light Blue
Purple
Crystalled Pink

EYESHADOW

et tu bouquet?
Thunder
Crystal
Plumage
Juiced
Clarity
Stormwatch
Blue Storm
Mystical Mist
Cork
Texture
Goldmine
Copperplate
cumulus
Beauty Marked
Cloudburst
Poison Pen
B-Rich
Newly Minted
Lightshade
Orange
Bamboo
Saddle
Corduroy
Knight Divine
Mystery
Aquadisiac
Retrospeck
Gesso
Charcoal Brown
100 Strokes
Deep Shade
Coppering
Henna
Femme F1
Filament
Humid
Gorgeous Gold
Paradisco
Juxt
Flip
Top Knot
Plum Dressing
Nylon
Beautiful Iris
Concrete
Crystal Avalanche
Club

PRO-PAN REFILLS
Shroom
Bronze
Electra
Hoodwinked
Purple Haze
Yogurt
Star Violet
Sketch
Twinks
Tilt
Quarry
Swish

BLUSH
[/FONT]
Trace Gold
Honour
Raizin
Well Dressed
Buff
Peachtwist
Coygirl
Gingerly
Ambering Rose
Breath of Plum

A link to her auctions: eBay Seller: magenta-shores: Health Beauty items on eBay.co.uk

Next to these items, UK sellers are also selling other items/colours for quite low prices. This makes me suspicious about the authenticity of these products as well. Unless the sellers (or their wholesale partners) are really mixing the fakes with the real products?

OTHER ITEMS (POTENTIAL FAKES, any comments/advice from experienced Specktra users would be appreciated):

Studio Fix powder plus foundations:NC20, NC25, NC30, NC42, NC43, NC45, NW30, NW35, NW40, NW43, NW50

!BhGDNnwBmk~$(KGrHqEH-C0EsK81lDBNBLHqr9SK,g~~_12.JPG

Cream colour bases:

Antiqued Gold
Bronze
Fawntastic
Hush
Cooled Pink

!B,2RJrwB2k~$(KGrHqIH-E!EqudkqnnkBKtUNuJ8f!~~_12.JPG

More pigments:

Naked
Mauvement
Blue
Golden Olive
Copper Beam
Blonde's Gold
Lovely Lily
Ruby Red
Primary Yellow
Your Ladyship
Apricot Pink

!BUI9t)!!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKiMEjlLmVzhzBKM!nv(J9w~~_12.JPG

Blushes:
Mac Sheertone Shimmer Blush 'Springsheen', 'Ambering Rose', 'Dollymix', 'Breezy' and some more colours.
Mac Beauty Powder Blush 'Sweetness' (#160367801399), 'Feeling', 'Gingerly'

This lady is selling pigments for 10 pounds or best offer, which seems to be too good to be true. I see a mix of the known fakes from older good quality batches:

MAC pigment eyeshadows on eBay (end time 19-Oct-09 22:56:42 BST)

Colours: White, Acid Orange, Belly Green, Dark Soul, Silver, Golden Lemon, Violet, Pink Pearl, Fuschia, Bright Fuschia, Bright Coral, Rose, All Girl, Golden Olive, Teal, Chartreuse, Kelly Green, Emerald Green, Green, Deep Blue, Steel Blue, Cornflower, Blue, Kitschmas, Deep Purple, Grape, Electric Gold, Old Gold, Green Brown, Cocoa Beach, Coco, Rose Gold, Pink Bronze, Silver Fog, PLatinum, Ruby Red, Brash and Bold, Aqua and Vanilla.

Other sellers, such as barginsforu08 and jackiem7687 are selling piggies for as low as 7,99 GBP on Buy it Now or 4,99 starting price. I've bought two pigments from the second seller to test their quality.

Lipsticks(?):
Entwined, LA Mode, Flowerplay, Fresco

angi

The bronze CCB clearly has the poor quality 'marked' box that the earlier fake pigments had.

Also, they've perfected the LE style warriors packaging. I reported a listing earlier which has been taken down, but it was for a 'studio fix' powder in style warriors packaging. The box wasn't accurate, and the powder was embossed with the style warriors decal, but in terms of the actual packaging, it looked to be dead on. If they make anything like the products actually released it's going to be really really difficult to tell.

panda0410

There is also fake brush cleaner and mixing medium emerging from our asian counterfeiters so buyers beware!

Darkness

Other sellers, such as barginsforu08 and jackiem7687 are selling piggies for as low as 7,99 GBP on Buy it Now or 4,99 starting price. I've bought two pigments from the second seller to test their quality.

bargainsforu08 are definitely fakes!
angry.gif
I bought Mystical Mist e/s from them a couple of months ago. I posted it on here, as I suspected it was fake and it was surely confirmed a fake. Luckily, I got fully refunded, even the postage costs for returning it. They relisted it a few weeks later as well. eBay is just too much of a minefield of late, so much so that I have stopped looking at MAC items.

Jackie O

are they for real??

Rule of thumb: when it comes to buying MAC on ebay, if it sounds and looks too good to be true, it probably is