NEW CoverGirl Trublend

liv

Has anyone else seen this? CG has reformulated their TruBlend foundation, and it now comes in a glass oval bottle with pump (rather than the bulky plastic pump bottle of the old formulation). I bought it last night at Walgreens, because I needed some Witch Hazel, and it was on sale for $6.99 and I figured what the hay, I can always bring it back.

Anywho, the colors looked pretty good, I got the lightest (Ivory 1) and it's a very good color, pale without strong yellow or pink undertone. I have a problem going orangey or pinky with foundation, so this is pretty neutral IMO. I'm not too sure about the others, it didn't look like it ran very dark, but what do I know, I always gravitate for the lightest shade (which is oftentimes too dark). Definitely buy this at a place you can return it.

The texture is very nice, smooth and soft, a tad creamy, but it's not THICK. It's very easy to blend, and I was able to go back to a few areas on my face where I like more coverage (chin, apples of cheeks) and it didn't cake or become a layer that sat there; it sank right in. I'd say the coverage is light-medium; it smoothes out the skin and makes it more uniform, but if you want to cover red pimples/marks/scars, you will need a concealer. Lately I've just been about evening my skin, not covering it in a full coverage fdtn. It looks so fake on me, so I'm starting to embrace lighter coverage. This DOES cover still though, and you need to shake the bottle vigorously before pumping it out (even when you think you've shaken enough, give it a couple more).

It's also NOT shimmery. It definitely has a glow, but I think that's partly because it seems moisturizing, so I'm not sure it would suit oily skins. I like this because I like using BP's, and on top of shimmery fdtn seems to be a bit much for me for everyday use.

Compared to the old formula, which was a weird moussey/powdery texture that was thick and never really did anything but sit on my skin and sometimes ball up if I tried to use it too soon after putting on moisturizer, this is a HUGE improvement, inside and out.

Sorry that turned out to a novel, but I am very impressed by this stuff. I'm tossing my Revlon Colorstay!

Latest posts