New forum software: Xenforo Migration

Bingo

Developer
Staff member
Hello everyone,

Specktra has been needing a bit of a facelift for a while and we've been working hard on getting everything updated for you.

We have been setting up everything so that we can migrate Specktra to Xenforo rather than vBulletin. Xenforo is MUCH easier to use, cleaner and we believe will suit specktra much better.

The change is scheduled to take place this Wednesday. There may be an hour or 2 of downtime while we have to complete the final parts, but most of it is behind the scenes.

Note that you will still have the same username and password on the new software. Everything will be as normal, there will just be some new things to figure out with posting onthe new software.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to post them up here

Thank you for being a part of the community

Benji

Bingo

Developer
Staff member
Quick update, everything has been backed up and is ready to migrate. We will hold off on the final migration until tomorrow at a quite time to make as little disturbance as possible.

Once we have transferred over you will need to log back in with your existing account, everything should be as normal it will just look much better!

Bingo

Developer
Staff member
I hope everyone is liking the new upgrade! Its now much cleaner and easier to use.

We'll probably play around with the look and feel a bit but the major changes are all complete.

Any usernames with commas in them had to be changed to comply with the new system. If you are having any trouble logging in you can email [email protected]

Thanks

Anitacska

Can we not have the same format anymore where we can see new posts on the threads we follow? I can only find my posts, but not the what used to be "subscription" tab.

Anitacska

Also it isn't letting me upload pictures, because they're too large. We had this last time when the forum was updated. It is very annoying to have to resize pictures to upload them. Please fix it!

ETA: The picture I'm trying to upload is 1.38 MB, it's really not that huge.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Can we not have the same format anymore where we can see new posts on the threads we follow? I can only find my posts, but not the what used to be "subscription" tab.

At the top of each thread, there's a "Watch" button that you can click/tap on. That would likely serve the same purpose as subscribing to a thread.

Also it isn't letting me upload pictures, because they're too large. We had this last time when the forum was updated. It is very annoying to have to resize pictures to upload them. Please fix it!

ETA: The picture I'm trying to upload is 1.38 MB, it's really not that huge.

It may be more of a height/width issue than a file size issue.

Anitacska

At the top of each thread, there's a "Watch" button that you can click/tap on. That would likely serve the same purpose as subscribing to a thread.

It may be more of a height/width issue than a file size issue.

Yes, it shows watched threads, but it doesn't show the new messages like it used to.

Maybe B Bingo could look into the picture issue.

fur4elise

Eh, I may be the only one that doesn't like the change look and feel. I lost my post count which was a record which is not a big deal but it was funny huge.
Hi Sweetie :flowers:
I found my post count when I clicked on my avatar. You are still +38K :thumbsup:

it's going to take a hot minute to adjust to the changes. I do like that the forum over all is lighter and brighter. Some nice features and quicker to load.

Thank you to everyone working on the update!!! My library just rolled out a new management system. It took us more than 1 1/2 years to go live! Now we're are working on the bugs & bumps. So, I can totally relate to the hard work it takes configuring a new system.

Bingo

Developer
Staff member
Thank you everyone for the feedback, glad we can finally have the new software up and working. It is definitely much cleaner and easier to use than vBulletin but is taking time to learn myself as well.

We will keep working on the features and doing what we can to include everything. Any suggestions you are all welcome to post them here and I'll do my best to get them done. We've got a list already so you'll see them start to roll out.

Winthrop44

Is there a setting to turn off so it doesn't show when we're online under "Members Online" at the upper right? I already have "Show your online status" under Privacy unchecked which I would have thought would be the setting for that?

elegant-one

Hi Sweetie :flowers:
I found my post count when I clicked on my avatar. You are still +38K :thumbsup:

it's going to take a hot minute to adjust to the changes. I do like that the forum over all is lighter and brighter. Some nice features and quicker to load.

Thank you to everyone working on the update!!! My library just rolled out a new management system. It took us more than 1 1/2 years to go live! Now we're are working on the bugs & bumps. So, I can totally relate to the hard work it takes configuring a new system.

Hello my friend! LOL! Thanks

Latest posts