New hair and fresh baby piccies - one happy Ratling!

ratmist

Y'know, if I hadn't been using the name "Ratmist" since the mid-90's online, I probably would change to something else.

So, new Ratling hair and fresh photos of baby Sam!

sm_3783.jpg

sm_3788.jpg

sm_3833.jpg

And my new haircut!
smiles.gif
I really love it! However, please excuse me for looking incredibly tired, washed out, and not even wearing lipstick.

sm_3836.jpg

sm_3838.jpg

Thanks!
smiles.gif

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Love the hair! You have such a cute baby!

Thanks! And that lipcolour in your avatar? HOT!
smiles.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
Thanks! And that lipcolour in your avatar? HOT!
smiles.gif

Thanks! Russian Red lipstick with Plus Luxe plushglass on top
smiles.gif

k.a.t

Baby Sam is just adorable! love the expression on the first pic lol
Your hair looks very nice too

glassy girl

Ahhhh sooo cute i remembered when u first posted when u first found out u were preggo's wow and he's here now crongrat he's adorable!!

xxManBeaterxx

Aww he is soo cute!! Remember these days.. the ones were you could just lift him up and give him a bath, pretty soon you might have to chase him all over the house for 1 hour -___- to get them to shower.
greengrin.gif

You look lovely!! You dont need an ounce of make up

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
He is SO adorable! How old is he now? What a cutie pie
bigheart.gif

Six weeks today (Sunday). Can't believe it. The last six weeks are a blur - and not a pleasant blur either. It is really, really damned hard to be a parent. I never appreciated my mother enough, clearly, because this is freaking hard work.

Don't get me wrong; I love my little boy. We're getting into a routine and settling into a pattern that suits us both in the day, but he's still needing to be fed four times a night.

We tried breastfeeding - it didn't work out for us, and I won't be going into why on Specktra. It's just too personal and upsetting.

Anyway, Sam gets a bath and is in bed by 7.30pm, but needs fed between 10-11pm, 2-3am, 4-5am, and 7-8am. It's brutal. My husband and I take turns but it's just brutal, catching only an hour of sleep at a time at night. Hence the giant bags under my eyes and the thousand-yard-stare I seem to have picked up in that second photo.

I've been cluster feeding him throughout the day in the hopes that he'll sleep for longer between feeds at night, but it's really not helped much. He's only just now started to go about 3 hours between feeds at night.

It's just very hard work. I don't know how women do this - and I said that a lot during my pregnancy. I can't wait to go back to work in January. Archaeology is a breeze in comparison to full-time child care.

MACLovin

^Aww, I'm sure things will get better soon.. I can imagine it's very difficult, although I can't fully relate because I'm not a mother yet.. but you have a healthy, beautiful baby and I'm sure that's rewarding enough in itself.

I don't know how some women do it though.. my grandmother had 13 children! She must have gone crazy! haha

Keep your head up, love.. the first weeks are the hardest but hopefully he will get into his routine soon and you and the hubby will finally get a full night's sleep!

Don't forget about you, though! Take some time if at all possible and do something relaxing for yourself - a massage, something.

Hope things get easier soon!
heart.gif

NutMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
We tried breastfeeding - it didn't work out for us, and I won't be going into why on Specktra. It's just too personal and upsetting.

th_cheerup.gif
I'm sorry, I know that was important to you.