New Hair Extensions!

COBI

After having a chemical cut (aka a stylist burned my hair
angry.gif
) a few months back, I got really sick of waiting for my hair to grow out, so I went today for extensions which I had about 5 years ago. Please ignore the mug shot quality.

extensionscollage.jpg

The extensions are actually naturally wavy.... here are wavy looks:
2-3012.jpg

2-3013.jpg

V15U4L_3RR0R

Is that weft or tips? I'm guessing tips... They look great on you and the colour matches your hair great!

COBI

Thank you all for the compliments.

They are keratin-tips. Took more hair than "normal" to blend because my hair was so short. A "normal" head there are about 5 bundles of tipped hair; they used 7 on me.

I really think the stylist did a great job because on average, my hair was only about 3 inches long. The general recommendation for good blending is 5 inches to start.

The woman I went to 5 years ago actually sold the salon (I went to the same salon, ownership changed), and began distributing her own line of hair which they used on me. It is called Vision Hair Extensions, and I was able to get it for $105 per bundle installed. The salon does most other "major" lines such as Great Lengths, So Cap, Mega, etc. To compare costs, So Cap are $160 per bundle, and Great Lengths are $250 per bundle.

I paid $735 (7 bundles at $105) plus tip; some people think that sounds expensive and it's not cheap, but when I call around, most places don't have quotes starting below $1,200 minimum. So Cap at the same location would have been over $400 more, and Great lengths would have been a LOT more than that.

The other benefit at this particular salon is that they have access to a lot of Vision Hair stock, so we could color match more easily than having to order and wait for one of the other lines.

ash10spro

your hair looks AMAZING! i love that they are so versatile because they are wavy. you look gorgeous hun =)

Purity

Looks really nice! They blend in with your own hair very well aswell
smiles.gif
what method are they installed with, fusion?

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity
Looks really nice! They blend in with your own hair very well aswell
smiles.gif
what method are they installed with, fusion?

It is the fusion method. I have a lot of nervous energy at times, so I literally wear a little knit cap while watching tv (or checking specktra) so that I won't play with the bonds... a very bad habit of mine that I am hoping to break.

Dreamergirl3

They look great! When they're wavy they look especially natural, I love it. It's great that you have the option to do whatever you like with it! enjoy your pretty new hair
greengrin.gif

mmitsjojo

looks good ! makes me want some hair extensions also but i really dont want to damage my hair more than it already is ;[

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitsjojo
looks good ! makes me want some hair extensions also but i really dont want to damage my hair more than it already is ;[

Obviously, I can't judge the condition of your hair, but if fusion style extensions are installed *properly*, the extensions will not damage your hair.

However, poor care of them by you (or me
winks.gif
) can.

I actually got them this time because another stylist burned my hair with chemicals when my hair was finally almost to my shoulders and I wanted a little wave. She left everything on to long, and I had to cut my hair to about 2 inches long, and there were still some "fried" ends in the front. After a few months I couldn't handle it anymore, so to the extensions I went.

It is actually a good way to grow hair out when they are installed and cared for properly; a good extensionist will not apply them if your hair is too weak or there is a risk of damage.