New Icon collection Feb 2007

I've just had the info and the beauty icon for the Icon collection for 2007 is going to be Raquel Welch. There's going to 2 limited edition eyeshadow quads, a ltd edition collection of beauty powders with tiger print on the covers as well as lipsticks with the same tiger print on the case. There will be a couple of glimmer shimmers and 2 ltd edition brushes: one is a #223 blending brush and the other is #169 angled cheek brush. From the pictures, the #223 looked like the current #222 but with black and white mixed striped hairs (like a badger effect) and the #169 looked like the current #168 but with the mixed hairs.

Once I get hold of a scanner i'll try and scan the release info and post them up.

TM26

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flawless
ohhh, i love the idea of the tiger print

Me to!!

lara

*wait for the inevitable 'but why are the Icons always oooooold? Why isn't Paris/Christina/______ an icon?' crowd to roll in*

winks.gif

They're really trying to flog these Glimmershimmers, aren't they?
lol.gif

sheaspearl83

Maybe because an Icon is an idol, an object of uncritical devotion...most of the older women have avoided scandal and public criticism.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaspearl83
Maybe because an Icon is an idol, an object of uncritical devotion...most of the older women have avoided scandal and public criticism.

Or the scandal of their youth is forgotten by those who remember them or weren't even born, yet. And the fact that Paris/Christina, etc., maybe over-exposed and over-played right now -- not that they wouldn't be the right "image" (icon)....I think MAC may want to avoid the controversy of some young stars lives.

Deirdre

Or, maybe old chicks like me will look at the ads, and go, "oh, she's my age!" Plus we all have gold cards.
winks.gif

Ascella

It seems that they use classic ladies for the Icons and more young people for the Viva Glams.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
*wait for the inevitable 'but why are the Icons always oooooold? Why isn't Paris/Christina/______ an icon?' crowd to roll in*

winks.gif

They're really trying to flog these Glimmershimmers, aren't they?
lol.gif

lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif
lmao.gif

I love you Lara!

Carmell

I think they choose older Icons because I think of legends when I think of Icons. Christina and Paris are not legends. They will be in about 20 years if they manager to stay in the forefront their whole career. I think an Icon is a seasoned artist. Just my opinion though....

BadBadGirl

Oh no! I don't even wear lipstick and I'm going to have to buy some just to have the cool-sounding tiger print.

MissMarley

like, OMG, Raquel Welch? Does Rachel Zoe style her?

I love the mature Icons. I'm not wild about Raquel Welch personally, I'd rather see Lauren Bacall or Sophia Loren or Jane Seymour (she's so gorgeous and classy). I liked the Catherine D. collection because it was more restrained, and that's not something we see a lot from MAC. Don't get me wrong, I love my brights- but I can't wear them to work. I think that's why I'm so excited about the Danse collection. But I'm definitely going for those Raquel Beauty Powders!

Ugh..gotta agree, more glimmershimmers? Does anyone actually like them? They're so little and runny...

Sophia84

Raquel Welch is sooooo HOT! I'm sure I will love the colors in these collection! I can't wait for pics!

Carmell

I missed the other Icon collections except Catherine D. I am really looking forward to this one b/c I love Raquel. I got the Laze Eyes quad this year and love love love it! I can't wait to see pictures esp of the quads. I have turned into a qad fanatic. I use the Laze quad almost everyday!