New Ikea Vanity, (not the Malm!)

SarahC0612

Okay folks, here it is! My new vanity! I checked out the Malm, but ended up "going rogue" and got the Trollsta cabinet with 2 drawers. It works much better for me, as I am a bit taller than most and I prefer to stand up when I put my makeup on. It is the PERFECT height for me. Along with it, I got the Kolja Mirror and the Kramare Wall Spot lights. I wanted the Musik lights that so many people have because I think they are so cool! But they have to be hard wired, and our house is a million years old and so it would not exactly be convenient to install them! The Kramare work great, and I just tucked the cords behind the mirror.

101_0616.jpg

101_0603.jpg

101_0611.jpg

This is the top of my vanity. I had a piece of glass cut to fit the top of it, and then underneath the glass, I put various MAC related materials that I have collected.
101_0606.jpg

With the doors open...
101_0607.jpg

The top shelf on the left has this closetmaid drawer that I got from Target. I store all my foundations, blushes, MSF's and face powders in there. It's kind of hard to see because it's a darker color and it kind of blends in. Here is a close up of what's inside:
101_0618-1.jpg

Next to it is a one of those cheapy rubbermaid things of three drawers. I keep paint pots, fluid lines, primers, concealers, correctors, sharperners, and lash curlers in it. On the far right are lipsticks, glosses, and liners, see below for a close of up shot of them. The lower shelf has three train cases, far left is one that I use for travel. Its black, soft cover Caboodles and I got it at Walgreens for $5. The center is a smaller pink train case with my brushes and brush cleaning supplies placed in front of it. On the far right is my larger, Sephora Train case. This is what I am currently using to store my kit until I can save up for a Japonesque!

With the doors and top drawer open:
101_0608.jpg

Inside the top drawer on the left I have some ceramic dividing trays that I got for pretty cheap at Target. It's great for keeping shadows and pigments organized! On the right side of the drawer I just have a rubbermaid shoe box full of extra pallets and backup stash of products.
101_0623.jpg
101_0620.jpg

I did not include a pic of the bottom drawer b/c I have less exciting stuff in there (extra towels, blank face charts, portfolio, brush belts, etc).

Here's a close up of my pallets. It's a $6 DVD holder from Target! In case you are wondering, the colored dot on the right side of each pallet is how I color code them to know which pallet is which!
101_0610.jpg

My brushes! Storage is the "tubular" from The Container Store. I also have many of them protected by The Brush Guard. If you have not discovered this FABULOUS invention yet, you MUST check them out! I HEART the brush guard!
101_0614.jpg

Lipsticks and lip & eye pencils. Both storage things are from The container store.
101_0612.jpg

That's it! I hope you enjoyed!

winks.gif

Miss_Jackie

how long ago did you get the dvd holder from target? I am in love with that idea and I looked on the target website and its no longer there. I am hoping I can still find it in stores though

Caderas

I have that same Target DVD holder!! I lucked out and found it for 99cents at Goodwill not too long ago, but I think one of the support rods is a bit crooked because it looks like the palettes are going to fall out!!
ssad.gif
Very nice vanity though!

ra143

it looks great!
I need to organize my collection,as well, wish I could enlarge the pics in order to see up close what you did.