New Lipgelees

samtaro

Are these overly glittery? I can't seem to tell from anything posted so far, they look hot in the tubes, how are they on lips?

midnightlouise

hi! They didn't seem any more glittery to me than my lustreglasses and it's not chunky-glittery, more pearly imo. So far it's thumbs up!
thmbup.gif

glittergoddess27

Samtaro, do you have Who's that Lady Lipgelees? I am sure they are right along this line,.. I noticed that on certain things MAc seems to put out a few limited colors to test the market and see if they sell,. if they do then they come out with a few more in a new collection. Sure that they are probably the same consistancy.

Spenser

I love my WTL and would love to get a warmer "goldy" version...any opinions on Goldensoft???

a914butterfly

i just bought the cellopink. its not as pigmented as in the tube, but still very nice and it feels so soft & silky on your lips! this is the 1st lipgelee i bought and i am in love with it!

user3

Goldensoft is the perfect light shimmer of a copper/gold mix.
It's exactly what I have been looking for to put a light layer of gold over l/s and l/g.

Valentine's is just like Dewy jube and Rose pigment mixed.

Those are the only 2 I have right now and yes I would say they are shimmery but not gritty.

Juneplum

they are beautiful. i just bought all of them and i love them =) the colors are lovely with the gold pearl effect.

metalkitty

Hi, to answer Samtaro's question these definitlely aren't overly glitterly. Its really more of a fine shimmer/ pearl effect unlike Lustreglasses which were almost too glittery for me. To answer ColorQueen's question about which are most pigmented, I tried and bought Jellicious and Saphoric and although Jellicious looks intense in the tube it gave me a slight tint of berry/ purplely color. However Saphoric gave me a more pigmented reddish copper tint. I'm like you, ColorQueen, when it comes to 'the brighter, the better' but I really like these for a change of pace or if I was wearing super bright eyes.

maxcat

Words cannot express the joy the cellopink has brought to my life. I want to eat it for it's prozac like properties.
I'm told it's permanent collection. Crossed fingers and toes.

MACGoddess

They are permanent Maxcat, they won't be going away!

I also have Jellylicious and I love it, it isn't super pigmented, but it is a nice flush of berry color.

JMKess

Yesterday I bought Jellicious (so gorgeous) and Saphoric which is the most beautiful and different color (i never go for the "firey" stuff), but it was just incredible.

Of course, I'm wearing nothing today.

bottleblack

I bought Valentine's last night - it's my first Lipgelee and I wasn't at all disappointed! I noticed that the name is printed on a sticker stuck to the tube - is this normal or did they forget to print it in production? I'd be suspicious had I recieved it from eBay or somewhere other than directly from the MAC counter.

ramonesbrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleblack
I bought Valentine's last night - it's my first Lipgelee and I wasn't at all disappointed! I noticed that the name is printed on a sticker stuck to the tube - is this normal or did they forget to print it in production? I'd be suspicious had I recieved it from eBay or somewhere other than directly from the MAC counter.

My WTL Lip Gelee has a sticker with the name on it too.
smiles.gif

JMKess

So does mine! Both of them actually and I bought them at a MAC Freestanding Store (the Flatiron one in NYC)

karen

I love my Goldensoft! So glad I bought this. Will probably be picking up Saphoric next, along with the other shade of Cheekstain, and possibly another lipstain.

I really like this whole collection. I think See-Thru on the whole is getting an unfairly bad rep.

ghostangel

I bought 3 lipgelee's from this collection...Valentine's, Goldensoft, and Jellicious. Jellicious is so beautiful in the tube, but just eh on my lips which are very pigmented. Valentine's is basically clear on me which is fine. Goldensoft is my favorite so far.....beautiful golden sheen. I will get Cellopink too. They are definately not glittery. Just a nice pearly sheen. And when they wear off you don't have "glitter" stuck to your lips. Lipgelee's have a special place in my heart as I love these for the feel more than any other lipgloss I own (and I own a lot of lip glosses).

Eilinoir

I just bought Valentine's today
smiles.gif
It was the only thing of this collection I kinda wanted...I sort of considered Jellicious but something in-store made me not want it so I went w/ Moistly instead (which I've been wanting for some time now).
I've seen swatches of the other new lipgelees on people's lips online and it really turned me off them. Especially Saphoric, which to me 00 if used alone -- looks like broken capillaries all over the lips. I don't like how not-so-light glitter settles into the lines.

Latest posts