New MAC label looks FAKE

BunnyBunnyBunny

I was unpacking stock today and I noticed a really really strange label on lipstick! If I hadn't opened it right out of the stock box I would have thought it was fake!

I have a picture, it's like 3times as big as the new printed labels, and in a really weird font too. You can't tell from the pictue, but it' like, white outlines with black inbetween. Weiiiirddddd!

Just a heads up that this Chintz looks weird. It was also the only item with this font, and it was three lipsticks in the sealed cellophane. :O

Click for larger

panda0410

Thanks Bunny! This looks really odd, not sure I like it :| I wonder if this is going to be a perm feature on new items?

kayley123

That does look odd. I noticed they started printing the shadow names right on the boxes instead of on stickers for new eyeshadows (at least, the Copperplate that I bought from my freestanding store had it that way). I'm not sure if that'll make it easier or harder for counterfeiters.

MissRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
Ugh... fire the typographer that picked the font.

Agreed. What a waste of ink.

Aimishu

thanks for the heads up! good to know
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
That does look odd. I noticed they started printing the shadow names right on the boxes instead of on stickers for new eyeshadows (at least, the Copperplate that I bought from my freestanding store had it that way). I'm not sure if that'll make it easier or harder for counterfeiters.

They've been doing this naked honey.

Latest posts