New NARS Bronzer

Twinkle_Twinkle

This caught my eye at Sephora yesterday. Bronzer Powder by NARS Cosmetics

I passed because I don't think it works for my deep skin tone, but I did want to share with you lovely Specktralites. The swatch is deceiving. It is definitely not golden but more red toned, in the vein of Solar Riche but less orange, more red and completely matte.

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
This caught my eye at Sephora yesterday. Bronzer Powder by NARS Cosmetics

I passed because I don't think it works for my deep skin tone, but I did want to share with you lovely Specktralites. The swatch is deceiving. It is definitely not golden but more red toned, in the vein of Solar Riche but less orange, more red and completely matte.

this was released last month for the summer 2009 collection
smiles.gif

I agree it does look quite dark in the pan. I wouldn't call it red.. more of a terracotta I think, reddish-bronze. I really wanted to get it after a reviewer on makeupalley described it as a caramelized peach color. I finally got mine today and I think that description is fairly accurate - Once swatched it's actually a medium caramel-peach shade.

Although I personally love this color on my NC35 skin, I agree that this isn't for everyone. I think it'd be best for those with yellow or olive skin tones, or anyone who can wear peach shades. and to clarify this isn't a traditional bronzer -- Smashbox would probably call this a Colour Booster powder
tong.gif
or a ''complexion enhancer''. It's exactly the color I thought it'd be so i'm really satisfied. plus it's nice and matte!

I have pictures of it in my recent haul and I will try to get swatches up tomorrow.

Monsy

i would really love to see swatch of NARS Irresistiblement Bronzer. Would it work for NC20?