New NARS palettes - Neiman's and overseas

HeatherLouWho

I was just thinking, "I am glad NARS is not coming out with any new palettes because I shouldn't buy anything right now."
crybaby.gif

allThingsGirl

yeah, i kinda know what you mean. i was just getting out of nars and these palettes are sucking me back in!

i've been debating on getting the essential eye one all morning but the more i look at it, i'm not sure if the colors are that great together or maybe they are just too similar. it's hard to tell from the picture how the palette looks all together -- even though i've had all the shades (except for unconditional love) at some point or another. i don't know if the essential eye palette is worth the $55 as much as the modern love one.

i love the modern love one, i feel like that one is more well rounded and versatile with different combos.

the essential eye one...well, i know i like all the colors individually, i just don't know if they work well in a palette...what do you guys think?

thunderball is one of my all time favorites of any line. and night star is such a classic.

iluvbeautynz

I’m in New Zealand and we can get MODERN LOVE, Essential eye palette and Pleasures of Paris here in the shops... but they are very expensive, NZD140! Its a lots cheaper in the US. I really like Modern Love.

allThingsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbeautynz
I’m in New Zealand and we can get MODERN LOVE, Essential eye palette and Pleasures of Paris here in the shops... but they are very expensive, NZD140! Its a lots cheaper in the US. I really like Modern Love.

Wow!! My goodness, that is really expensive for the NARS palettes.
ssad.gif

By any chance, do you know the colors in Pleasures of Paris?

cucomelon5

ahh, these palettes are all so tempting.....
I still haven't decided if I want to get modern love or not, and now there are more to think about! :\

iluvbeautynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by allThingsGirl
Wow!! My goodness, that is really expensive for the NARS palettes.
ssad.gif

By any chance, do you know the colors in Pleasures of Paris?

yep, the colors are:

- Nepal (top left) Rose with Shimmer
- Violetta (top middle) Smoky Lavender
- Demon Lover (top right) Deep Indigo
- Fez (bottom left) Velvety Cocoa
- Abyssinia (bottom middle) Delicate Pearl Sheen
- Cordura (bottom left) Shimmering Sooty Dark Brown

Here is the link of that website here that sells NARS, you can see the pics of these palettes.

Nars

cucomelon5

does anyone know what the shades in the best of lips palette are? I'm hoping it includes dolce vita/gipsy and some lip lacquers, I've been wanting to try those...
winks.gif

wannabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucomelon5
does anyone know what the shades in the best of lips palette are? I'm hoping it includes dolce vita/gipsy and some lip lacquers, I've been wanting to try those...
winks.gif

Is this a trick of the economy? 3 new eyeshadow palettes. I'm going so broke.

Am in the states now on holiday and just got the modern love and essential eye palette. Pleasures of Paris is probably going to be au110 in Sydney, not sure if I want to pay that much for an eyepalette! I find USD60 (after tax) to be expensive already!

*EDIT*
Found this information on the lip palette names on MUA credit melissab33
http://www.makeupalley.com/m_97540632/

wannabelyn

I managed to buy the pleasures of paris palette.
th_DANCE.gif

3 palettes in 2 weeks.
thmbdn.gif

I'll try to post pictures tonight!

gabi03

i need that lip palette, but the eyes i can do without...i dunno if thats good or bad

allThingsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucomelon5
winks.gif

finally heard from customer service!

Thank you for shopping with Neiman Marcus Online.

We have the information that you have requested for
the NARS Limited-Edition Best of Lips Palette, item#
NMS09_C0LWR.

The bottom row as depicted online are Copacabana and
Orgasm; the middle are Chelsea Girls and Eros while the
top row are Dolce Vita and Red Lizard.

I think this palette sounds AWESOME! Copacabana too! I wonder if Orgasm is the multiple or the gloss..?

I love Eros and Dolce Vita, and it's nice to have a powerful red in your stash like Red Lizard but not shell out the full price for something you'd only wear once in a while (well...at least me..)

Chelsea Girls is a favorite for everyone, but it doesn't look good on me.

So tempting! Too bad I just bought a ton of lip stuff lately though.
ssad.gif

allThingsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelyn
Pleasures of Paris I picked this up from SAKS and according to the SA also can be found in Barneys
USA09_181.jpg

USA09_179.jpg

Great!!

Which palette do you like the best? Just from pix, I think I like the Modern Love one but what do you think from experience?

wannabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by allThingsGirl
Great!!

Which palette do you like the best? Just from pix, I think I like the Modern Love one but what do you think from experience?

USA09_182_label.jpg

Seeing them side by side i think modern love is more impressive among the lot.

In all honesty the driving force that led to the purchase of the other 2 had more to do with the fact that they were NARS palettes more so than me actually feeling like i love all the colours.

The first 4 colours in the essential eye palette are starting to remind me of my 'best' eye neutral palette from last year!

mandycd

Nordstrom.com added a bunch of new nars items to their site in case anyone is interested.
smiles.gif
The new lip palette, Essential Eye Palette, Nars Love San Fransicso Set, and the new foundations!!!

Also, in case you missed it- Sephora has the new mascaras and narscosmetics.com has a couple of new palettes too!!! Wow...

Latest posts