New Pigment Jars

elle25

Have the new jars been faked yet? I want some pigments that are only in them (Rich Life and Universal Mix) and I found them very cheap on ebay which would normally be a no-no but I can't find anything.

I did try searching and nothing came up so I'm sorry if its been asked before.

A little quick OT question, is there anyone that regularly sells authentic old style jars that aren't way over retail?

marusia

I sell authentic jars below retail when I get them. Hell, last time I had 4.5g, I sold them for 10 dollars each to someone on here LOL. I'll be getting some more piggies in a couple days, so first come, first serve.

LMD84

i haven't heard about the new pigment jars being faked yet so i'd say you're safe - esp with the LE colours.

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i haven't heard about the new pigment jars being faked yet so i'd say you're safe - esp with the LE colours.

I haven't heard anything about it either but when an BNIB LE pigment is being sold for 8.99 pounds/$16 (here pigments are $40+) its seems a bit sus so I had to ask
smiles.gif

lilibat

I would be concerned about jars getting refilled with crap even if the actual jar has not been faked.

Andrew

I have bought many MAC pigments all direct from MAC Online so I know they are genuine. My point it though when you see some sellers on E-bay they dont come off a lot cheaper after all said and done, then there is postage and to the unknowing (me for example) there is a huge possiblity that what I would be buying was fake..I doubt I would know. The pitfalls as far as I can see is poor product quality, poor colour payoff, possibly dangerous and untested ingredients which given they are going on sombody's eyes seems a risk not worth taking..Yes it may be a bit cheaper but personally I wouldnt risk it..

I would buy from an MUA who had a good reputation and I have bought quite a bit of Make up from another MUA who buys the most fabulous stuff and has regualr clearouts..She only buys high end stuff and is my kind of girl shopping wise and I have never been dissapointed with my purchases from her which are usually CHANEL.

But back to the main subject , buy from MAC itself..they arent that expensive. I saved my money and bought in bundles of shades and built my collection week by week that way..I did the same with all the MAC eye shadows..I loved it when the mail came and the boxes would arrive..

I have of course seen many many sellers on e-bay selling allsorts of shades by the jar full..entire ranges it seems but they were not any cheaper than buying direct so why risk it..

Remember if it seems too good to be true it usually is.

Andrew

marusia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I would be concerned about jars getting refilled with crap even if the actual jar has not been faked.

I've never even thought about that...that's pretty gross.
ssad.gif

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
I have bought many MAC pigments all direct from MAC Online so I know they are genuine. My point it though when you see some sellers on E-bay they dont come off a lot cheaper after all said and done, then there is postage and to the unknowing (me for example) there is a huge possiblity that what I would be buying was fake..I doubt I would know. The pitfalls as far as I can see is poor product quality, poor colour payoff, possibly dangerous and untested ingredients which given they are going on sombody's eyes seems a risk not worth taking..Yes it may be a bit cheaper but personally I wouldnt risk it..

I would buy from an MUA who had a good reputation and I have bought quite a bit of Make up from another MUA who buys the most fabulous stuff and has regualr clearouts..She only buys high end stuff and is my kind of girl shopping wise and I have never been dissapointed with my purchases from her which are usually CHANEL.

But back to the main subject , buy from MAC itself..they arent that expensive. I saved my money and bought in bundles of shades and built my collection week by week that way..I did the same with all the MAC eye shadows..I loved it when the mail came and the boxes would arrive..

I have of course seen many many sellers on e-bay selling allsorts of shades by the jar full..entire ranges it seems but they were not any cheaper than buying direct so why risk it..

Remember if it seems too good to be true it usually is.

Andrew

Unfortunately that is not true for everybody. In some countries mac is double the price in America. Some collections aren't even released internationally and those that are often have a more limited quantity than America.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
I've never even thought about that...that's pretty gross.
ssad.gif

oohh yes i never thought of that either!