New Qualified Makeup Artist- No Confidence

Nik2161

Hi Everyone,

I recently qualified I'm Bridal and Occasion Makeup but have zero confidence. I'm not able to go out to do clients makeup but the lack of confidence is holding me back. I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever been in this situation or can give me tips It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you 😊

makeupbyomar

Hey Nik2161,

Yeah, I was like that when I first started out. And sometimes I still am when a huge A-lister sits down in my chair... And those big-time A-listers can smell fear a mile away, and the second that happens, it's all over.

The thing is to just practice and practice on people and engage in simple conversation to "break the ice".

Also be assertive with your application technique, that will also come with practice. Also breath normally. Most new MuA's forget to breath normally. I use a yoga breathing technique which is quite helpful.

Good luck!

Nik2161

Hey Nik2161,

Yeah, I was like that when I first started out. And sometimes I still am when a huge A-lister sits down in my chair... And those big-time A-listers can smell fear a mile away, and the second that happens, it's all over.

The thing is to just practice and practice on people and engage in simple conversation to "break the ice".

Also be assertive with your application technique, that will also come with practice. Also breath normally. Most new MuA's forget to breath normally. I use a yoga breathing technique which is quite helpful.

Good luck!
Awww thank you so much that's amazing, I really appreciate your reply. I'll now take this
on board when I get out there Xx

Latest posts