New Specktra platform feedback and bug reporting

MzzRach

I just tried to change my profile picture and I am also experiencing an error.

This is what comes up when I try to upload a new photo as my profile pic:

Unknown object to create image association with.

elegant-one

Now I cannot post, quote or thank even using Google Chrome. Firefox worked this morning then didn't work in the afternoon. Can't post, quote, thank.
If you go to post, it just stays on the box that says 'waiting'.....& then it doesn't do anything but stay there.

Its really getting frustrating.

shootout

I have the same issue using Firefox

Now I cannot post, quote or thank even using Google Chrome. Firefox worked this morning then didn't work in the afternoon. Can't post, quote, thank.
If you go to post, it just stays on the box that says 'waiting'.....& then it doesn't do anything but stay there.

Its really getting frustrating.

Hilde

Is anyone else getting an error when leaving feedback? I get an error but the fb actually shows up on the persons page.

MzzRach

If you are experiencing site performance issues - the admins require answers to the questions below to diagnose your issue. Without this information from each user experiencing problems, we cannot properly diagnose the problem(s) as it may be specific to your local account/system:

For site slowness: How do you connect to the internet (connection speed) and are you using an ISP like Comcast, or a different service like AOL?

If you cannot post: this could mean a number of things. Can you start a thread? Are you able to reply to a message? To PMs? Which specific pages or actions generate an error?

Being logged out unexpectedly: If you are being logged out while browsing the site, that's an issue we need to pin down. Is Specktra the only site where this happens for you?

Please visit this page and copy and paste the information into a reply will also help us diagnose problems: http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

Thanks everyone.

friedargh

Im experiencing difficulties with the site being very slow - I have broadband cable internet and my ISP is Optus in Australia. I have not used specktra that much since it changed to the new look so I can't say how long it has been slow for, but it is significantly slower to load than it used to be. Also whilst the specktra site is slow, other websites are working their normal speed for me.

LMD84

Im experiencing difficulties with the site being very slow - I have broadband cable internet and my ISP is Optus in Australia. I have not used specktra that much since it changed to the new look so I can't say how long it has been slow for, but it is significantly slower to load than it used to be. Also whilst the specktra site is slow, other websites are working their normal speed for me.
what internet browser are you using? if it happens to be the latest version of firefox that could be why it is slower than normal for you. the web team are currently working on an update for this new software. pm me with any issues you have and i will try and help you :)

Icecaramellatte

I have 2 questions. Is anyone else having a hard time reading the posts? The size of the font is really small. I use a Mac and I usually zoom the window to make the fond bigger anyway. But since yesterday even when I zoom, everything gets bigger except the font. It is really hard to read the posts.

Also, what happened to the Mac Color Collection information that used to be at the top of the site. There was a listing of all the collection and products released since Specktra first came online. This is how I originally found Specktra. I would check the site for the color collection information. It is hard to believe that Specktra would get rid of it so I'm assuming it was moved but I just can't find it. Anyone know where it is? Thanks.

LMD84

I have 2 questions. Is anyone else having a hard time reading the posts? The size of the font is really small. I use a Mac and I usually zoom the window to make the fond bigger anyway. But since yesterday even when I zoom, everything gets bigger except the font. It is really hard to read the posts.

Also, what happened to the Mac Color Collection information that used to be at the top of the site. There was a listing of all the collection and products released since Specktra first came online. This is how I originally found Specktra. I would check the site for the color collection information. It is hard to believe that Specktra would get rid of it so I'm assuming it was moved but I just can't find it. Anyone know where it is? Thanks.
On my mac it is ok and i use safari as a browser. Anybody else having this issue? And all the old colour stories are now listed in the wiki section. so if you click on the wiki tab you shall see them all. i spent many hours sorting them all out!

bis

I am currently having a huge problem with using the site from my iphone (well, more than usual). Now I even cannot send messages any more. I can type them up, click send and then it really looks like the message is being sent, no error message, nothing. It's just gone. Tried this is several phones and iOS versions, they all showed the same behaviour. A while ago when the new Specktra can out somebody mentioned that at some point that there might be support for iphones/ipads. Does anyone still know if this is coming?

LMD84

A while ago when the new Specktra can out somebody mentioned that at some point that there might be support for iphones/ipads. Does anyone still know if this is coming?
sorry about this sweetie. i shall speak to the web guys and see what is going on. i too struggle using the site on my iphone and it is frustrating. things had been going better on their but equally sending messages is a bit of an issue. I shall report back soon.

bis

sorry about this sweetie. i shall speak to the web guys and see what is going on. i too struggle using the site on my iphone and it is frustrating. things had been going better on their but equally sending messages is a bit of an issue. I shall report back soon.  
Thanks Lou, I really appreciate it. It seems some more people has issues with posting the last weeks.

bis

Thanks, they seemed to have fixed it and I can post now from the iPhone.

bis

Btw, forgot to add I have a different problem now, since yesterday to be exact. Whenever I reply to a post that has an image included, the image is becoming huge in my quote. The HTML code does look normal though. Has anybody else seen this?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Whenever I reply to a post that has an image included, the image is becoming huge in my quote. The HTML code does look normal though. Has anybody else seen this?

I noticed that too. Not in my posts, haven't quoted a pic, but I saw it in other peoples' posts.

Latest posts