New Vanity Area on a BUDGET!!! Pic Heavy

M.A.C.tastic

So I have been lemming a makeup area since everyone started posting awesome ideas. I didn't have the money or space in our room for the malm dresser or pretty much anything right now so my DH and I did it ourselves. I just wanted everyone to see how inexpensive you can do it.

I found the dresser/changing table on craigslist for $40
The mirrors came from Walmart 2 packs plus tape $25
The shelves for my perfume are from Bed Bath and Beyond $15 (with coupon)
I wanted a nice stool but one that still folded so I wouldn't get in the way $22 at Bed Bath and Beyond (with coupon)
My makeup mirror has lights and 3 mirrors (heart) $31 bbb w/coupon
My husband picked up new drawer pulls and hinges at Home Depot for $20ish

New Makeup area = Pricelesss lol. I can't wait to get up every morning now.

I used my old sock drawer organizers that I got from IKEA a few years back (took the hubbys also lol)

Now all we have to do is paint (some wear shown but would like a more glossy white with hot pink inside) but that won't cost much anyway maybe in a few weeks.

Really everything else I had around the house (mini drawers,lamp,white maribou above mirrors,little magnifying mirror,and the drawer organizers.)

Would love to know what you think and if you have questions or want to know what something is/where to get it let me know!
thmbup.gif

mail-1-1.jpg

Please excuse balloons I had surgery Monday, also my train case fits perfectly! (I'm a MUA)
mail-3.jpg

mail-2.jpg

I keep my everyday face in the little drawers for easy access
mail-5.jpg

mail-12.jpg

Perfume!!!
mail-6.jpg

Top drawer, makeup (hopefully i'll take pics of all of that soon!)
mail-7.jpg

Middle extra perfume, spray, makeup bag and accessories
mail-8.jpg

Bottom drawer in hair accessories and nail polish!
My husband made an outlet behind the tower thing so I could keep and use my hair stuff in there too!
mail-9.jpg

mail-10.jpg

HAIR STUFF!!!!
mail-11.jpg

I got the pink silicone mat at the grocery store for like 3 bucks!

Hope you enjoy!
mac_addict.gif

M.A.C.tastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
Really cute Where did you get the mirriors?

Walmart. They came in packs of 6 for $9.99. I got 2 and you have to buy the mounting and you can choose from heavy duty tape (my choice it's easy lol), brackets and something else. I think the mounting was around $3 something for the tape. Hope that helps!

bgajon

WOW!! Very creative and resourceful! And your hubby is a sweetheart. Congrats on such a beautiful vanity area!!

moonlit

omg i am so inspired!! thanks for sharing.. btw I have ghds .. can u tell me where I can buy the pink mat on which u have placed ur straightener?

M.A.C.tastic

Thanks guys! I got the pink mat (it's a silicone pot holder) at Safeway in the cooking tools section it was like $3.49. I'm also a hairstylist and there is a beauty store called Davidsons/Cosmo Prof and they have ones meant for heat tools but it's like $14 and they are the same thing.

Latest posts