New years eve with my fiance...

Moxy

I love your idea. A good dinner and a bottle of wine later when you're alone is always fun. We did almost the same thing last New Year's. Ordered Chinese, had dinner, played with the cats, then went around the city for about an hour and then came back to his place and had a bottle of wine on the couch
graucho.gif

We dont see eachother much (atm we're still in distant relationship but that will change soon) and we spend together alone every moment that we can. If we lived together or at least in the same town I'm sure we'd spend New Year's with friends outside, but we just want eachother's company and cherish the time spent together.

stronqerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
I love your idea. A good dinner and a bottle of wine later when you're alone is always fun. We did almost the same thing last New Year's. Ordered Chinese, had dinner, played with the cats, then went around the city for about an hour and then came back to his place and had a bottle of wine on the couch
graucho.gif

We dont see eachother much (atm we're still in distant relationship but that will change soon) and we spend together alone every moment that we can. If we lived together or at least in the same town I'm sure we'd spend New Year's with friends outside, but we just want eachother's company and cherish the time spent together.

aww that sounds sweet. Well i see him about once a week because he works full time, so i really wanted to just spend time alone with him for new years, since we've never really done that before. Hope you two have fun this new yrs ! thanks
tong.gif

Beauty Mark

I like the idea, but I imagine NYC during NYE is already booked or horribly expensive. I would look around a little outside of NYC to see if you can find a better deal

stronqerx

yeah everything is pretty much booked or overpriced...but i will check that website out , also maybe something outside of the city sounds good too..thanks

kaliraksha

Personally, if you're staying in your own town.. I would rather spend the $ that I would spend on an expensive hotel room and doll up my bedroom to be hotel-like. Fluffy pillows, new soft sheets, candles, breakfast-in-bed trays. I like this because you get to keep your experience and remember the night whenever you use it or see it. With some planning it can be a great thing... choose music ahead of time, set the atmosphere, plan an outfit, make a day of shopping for food and cooking together.

Cooking at home together can be REALLY romantic and much more economical. Especially if you drink a little while you cook =)

My bf and I do this at-home date thing often. We just set rules. We have to dress up, we eat at the dinner table (small apartment so we bought a card table and put pretty linen on it.. that way we can store it), we talk and drink like we are on a date, no computer, no phone, and we don't turn on the TV unless we chose a movie together to watch. It makes it more enjoyable and I still get the thing I love about going out- which is uninterrupted time with my bf.