New Year's resolutions - broken yet?

mspixieears

I made one, I broke it. It was to not bite my lips and I've bitten it. Can't stop it, didn't even realise I was doing it!

Grrr!!! I should have said will try not to bite lips so much.

Jessica

hmmmm...I haven't broken mine yet, because I haven't told myself that I've begun to work on it
smiles.gif
hehehehehe

mel0622

umm i think i did. i said i wouldnt spend too much on MA this year. but i dunno cuz i just bought drugstore MA, individual lashes, 3 items from CCS, and 1 item at the MAC store today. so....did i really? normally i spend $100 at MAC.

Pink_minx

I havent started on any of my new years resolutions yet! I need to get my lazy ass up someone hit me on the side of my head.

visivo

You're so cute :} Well I mean, it's endearing...

Haha but I never make resolutions, for fear that I will beat myself up over breaking them. I should do a lot of things, but just making a resolution won't make me follow through with it. I have to REALLY want it.

I bite my lip too though :\ I have so many habits that should be broken. I've read that it takes twenty-seven (or twenty nine) days to make or break a habit. Like consciously not biting your lip for 27 days straight will mean that it should turn into something that you dont have to keep reminding yourself not to do.

To me.... twenty seven days seems like a long time when it means trying to avoid something you might to constantly and without reaizing you're doing it at all!

mspixieears

Thanks for the advice, visivo! I'll just keep trying and trying - usually, I don't make NY resolutions, but I'd like to be less self-destructive this year, less of a pain in the butt to my loving family
smiles.gif

It did work today - when I wear lipgloss, I don't bite my lips! So it means lots of lipgloss wearing, and religiously so!