New York Christmas Vacation- i have some questions?!??!!

allie02044

Hi!! I will be taking my FIRST NYC trip this christmas... we'll be there dec 23 thru the 28 and i was wondering if you all cold give me some recomendations on where to stay, what to do, etc. anything i MUST see, do, any great restaraunts.... i will be with my 4 year old daughter.
oh.gif
) thanks soooo much!!!! ((is there an awesome MAC store ??)

mrskloo

Rockefeller Center, they have a giant Christmas tree. My husband's friend took a picture for us last year and it was so pretty.
smiles.gif
I've never been there myself but if we do go there that's certainly a place we'll be going.

allie02044

these are all the things we want to do so far- can anyone in NY let me know a good order to do things? we will be there for 6 days. thanks!!
(i think our hotel is in times square)

central park
empire state building
grand central terminal
rockefeller center
radio city music hallRadio City Music Hall: Radio City Christmas Spectacular - NY

century 21 dept. store
macy's

lol.gif

mac_obsession

Fifth avenue Pro store...Its unreal
greengrin.gif
They shot the naked cards/book in the back room...Its such an awesome studio
greengrin.gif

Id go with Rockafeller center specially at that time of year, but be prepared to be pushed and packed there will be thousands of people there! Also dont carry a purse people can reach into...The streets are so crowded you wont even know if a pickpocket hit you. They use the bump and run technique.

Definately Macys, their animated christmas stuff is so freakin cool.

Id say FAO Shwartz, but i think they went outta business and/or changed names. Ill check it out for you if you want. My daughter loves that damn store.

If you can get lion king tickets or Beauty and the beast do it..My mom took my daughter and they had a blast!!

Bubba Gumps shrimp factory (restaurant) is amazing, specially if you like seafood. The environment is pretty cool
greengrin.gif

Thats all I can think of right now...Ill ask my bf. He used to live in ny
greengrin.gif

allie02044

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

Id go with Rockafeller center specially at that time of year, but be prepared to be pushed and packed there will be thousands of people there! Also dont carry a purse people can reach into...The streets are so crowded you wont even know if a pickpocket hit you. They use the bump and run technique.

Id say FAO Shwartz, but i think they went outta business and/or changed names. Ill check it out for you if you want. My daughter loves that damn store.

If you can get lion king tickets or Beauty and the beast do it..My mom took my daughter and they had a blast!!

Bubba Gumps shrimp factory (restaurant) is amazing, specially if you like seafood. The environment is pretty cool
greengrin.gif

greengrin.gif

how old is your daughter? mine will be 4, and i was checking out some of those shows, i think shes too young... ? thanks!!

roxannalou

oh, you have to go to DIP http://www.dipcafe.com. It's a fondue place on 3rd Ave. and 30th St. It's amazing!!!

Also, you may want to take your daughter to the American Girl Museum, but that may be mobbed at holiday time. As a NYer, I stay out of the city at Christmas.

Beauty and the Beast may be a good choice for your daughter - it's so much fun, and there are always ticket specials at holiday time.

Enjoy!!!

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie02044
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

greengrin.gif

greengrin.gif

how old is your daughter? mine will be 4, and i was checking out some of those shows, i think shes too young... ? thanks!!

Shes 7, but my mom took her to see beauty and the beast when she was 5, and she adored it! She was so excited because the girl that starred in it was one of the nickelodeon girls...Lion king might be a bit much for her, and its also very expensive, but I think if shes ever seen beauty and the beast she would enjoy it
smiles.gif