New York!

onionbooty

My boyfriend and I are going to New York next Saturday, and I'm wondering what is a must see, must do, must taste and what not. It's not our first time going, but we really didn't experience it the first time. We kind of rushed and just went to Atlantic City
smiles.gif
and plus, this time it's just him and I.

So he has a list of things for us to do, and continuously asks me what I want to... how am I supposed to know? We did most of the sight seeing stuff last time (3 years ago). Seems like that only thing I'm excited about besides being with him... is the PRO store!!!
bigheart.gif

I don't want to waste a minute there doing nothing.

So, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

MACa6325xi

It all depends on what you like to do. You could spend an entire day strolling 5th avenue taking in all of the museums, then shopping. I was in New York before Thanksgiving and I only had 2 days to take my family sightseeing. We went on the Staten Island Ferry, World Trade Center site, shopping at Century 21, Chinatown, SoHo. Next day, 125th St in Harlem, 5th Avenue, 34th Street. I did quite a bit in those two days, but I'm from NYC. There is so much to see and do. Check out The New York Times and they have great suggestions on what to see and do. Have a great time.

Note: I did not try to shop at the MAC Pro store. NYC has higher sales taxes than where I live in Maryland. It's cheaper for me to order Pro products online.

angeluv009

Go to 42nd Times square. Like that isn't obvious, but at night its just beautiful, the lights people everything. The bonus is that there are lots of restaurants around there that vary in price. If you have the time... and the moola I seriously reccomend seeing the Lion King. Yeah its Disney, but damn is it AMAZING! Oh and Central Park in the winter is really cozy, Don't go too late, but you could take a carriage ride. UGH and one of my favorite places to eat is Tavern on the Green, its in Central Park and its SUPER expensive, but check it out online, it's such a romantic place. I live in NYC and i loooove the city. Its perfect for couples.
Lol. i just realized i gave you all these suggestions and dont even know what you like, so what do you like (other than mac) and wat r u looking for?

onionbooty

Really, I don't know. He's the one who's excited for it. I'm just strolling along, but I do want to spend some quality time with him. So I'm guessing something that couples would enjoy? Around the time that we'll be up there it'll be 5 years since the day I made him fall in love with me (haha) so I'm really looking forward to just exploring the city.. with him
smiles.gif
and without getting bored. Make sense?

captodometer

Eat soul food at Sylvia's in Harlem. Then go hang out in Central Park or shopping in the Garment District. Then catch a Broadway show in the evening.

Chic 2k6

definitely check out Ripley's Odditorium if you like that kind of stuff,
Macys
Top of The Rock
Hard Rock Cafe
Statue of Liberty
Ellis Island.

If you do visit South Ferry areas (ferries that take you to Statue of Liberty), go early as possible to avoid the queues.

And if you love pizza, visit Angelo's Pizza, it's between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue. really worth going, amazing pizzas <3 and pasta

laguayaca

I'm going soon too ... anyone know a cheap decent hotel that we can stay at maybe even in jersey? How much does a broadway show run at?