newbie alert - blush brush and foundation recs needed!!

lindsay_lu

hey ladies!

in search of some brush/foundation recs!
i'm not that new to mac, as i've used the e/s & powerpoints for years, but i'm just getting on the base train!
a lovely MA did an eye look on me today and sold me NW15 concealer which is FANTASTIC.
here are my qu's:

1) i'd like to try a foundation, and wondered if any of you experts could recommend a creme or liquid foundation i should try from mac? not nec. the colour, just which formulation. i like a dewy, natural, non-sparkly look & don't like powder. i tried the recs on MUA but they seem to contradict each other.

2) best brush to apply it?

3) best blusher brush - to do subtle, flush of colour looks rather than contouring, if you need to know that!

thanks in advance, and i hope its ok to ask three in one post!!

janwa09

1. Try out Mineralize Satin Finish foundation or Hyper Real foundation.
2. Definitely the 187 duo fibre stippling brush. It gives you an airbrushed look and buffs out the foundation evenly.
3. I'm using the 129 and it's perfect for blush application IMO.

lindsay_lu

ooh, thanks they're great recs!
is the mineralize foundation sparkly though? i thought i read something on mua about that?

baroquely

The mineralize Satinfinish foundation isn't sparkly at all. It just gets a really dewy pretty sheen on it. The Mineralize Skinfinishes are a highlighter/blush/bronzer/shimmery product, so that might be what you read.
cutey.gif
I absolutely adore the Mineralize Satinfinish. I use the 188 brush to put it on, but half of the time I just use my fingers really gently and it looks really nice. If you buff it out with the 188 (you can use the 187, too... it's just a bigger 188), it gets super pretty. I use the 187 for cheek color to give a nice flushed come in from outdoors look.
smiles.gif

Susanne

I can also recommend the 187 and 188 for applying foundation and the 129 to apply blush!
smiles.gif

beauty_marked

I think the 187 is the best blush brush EVER. ive been taking a break from my others and this brush just adds the right amount of color to whererever you put it. So natural and such a beautiful application.
This (the 187) is really a multi function brush. Its quite expensive but you can do SO much with it...foundation, powder, MSFs, blush. just perfect.

smellyocheese

I don't use MAC foundation but as for the brush. definitely a stippling brush! makes foundations look excellent. totally airbrushed and no streaks!