Newbie that needs help.

Mandie2006

Hello guys. Its only been about a month since I even heard about the MAC cosmetic line. I live in a small town, and well, you have cheap cosmetics and that is about it. Anyway, I have a birthday coming up soon and I usually get money from my grandparents. I was thinking about using that money to try out some MAC cosmetics. I am very fair-skinned, with expresso colored hair and blue eyes. My focus has always been on my eyes. I wear a lot of black eyeliner, and usually light to medium browns, or white shadows. I haven't worn blush in years and its because I don't like any pink or red coloring on my face. (Trauma from so many past sun-burns, I think.) My lip colors are usually light-medium-dark pinks, medium browns or just a clear gloss all with no lip liner. Right now, I am wearing Clinque foundation (the powdered kind) and Clinque water-proof eyeliner. I wear a thin layer of a cheap liquid cover-girl foundation under my clinque. I'm using it as kind of a concealer until mine from Avon comes in.

Now, the whole point of this post. I am going to try some different things and I want your recommendations on some MAC products. (All of the text above was just giving you a little bit to go on about what I like.) I am not to huge on outrageous colors, but then again, I might try them.

Three things I am DEFINITELY getting from MAC are:

Blacktrack Fluidline
Black-tired eyeshadow
And the small angled eyeliner brush

Please give me some ideas for stables that I should have from this cosmetics line. I need to be able to order it off the site, because I have to order everything from websites. Thank you so much for reading my ramble and for your help if/when you give any.

AudreyNicole

Hi Mandie!
Some staples for me are:
-Bare Canvas paint (I use this as a base under my shadow)
-Vanilla pigment
-Graphic Brown fluidline (but you could skip this if you are getting blacktrack)
-Nylon, Expensive Pink, Retrospeck, Shroom eyeshadows
-Hue and Gel lipsticks
-Bountiful Plushglass lipgloss

I LOVE all of the above and use them daily. I am fair like you, and IMO these items would work for you also. HTH!
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

For eyeshadows, woodwinked, shroom, tempting, naked lunch and girlie are nice.

For pigments, old gold and vanilla go with lots of different combinations.

I'd definitely recommend the 187 brush as well as the 182.

And some clear lipglass.

I'd also recommend looking at the tutorials and FOTDs to see what you think would work well together or to see how it looks.

tracie

I agree with a lot of whats already been recommended

e/s: shroom, mulch, woodwinked, phloof!, swish if you want a girlie pink
l/g: dreamy, instant gold
pigment: vanilla, maybe rose
blush: peachykeen

kimmy

you might want to try some peahy coloured blushes or even a bronzer (i'd suggest Refined Golden)

i second all the eyeshadow/pigment recs that have been given. especially Vanilla pigment, it's downright amazing!

you might even go for a couple lustreglasses, like Instant Gold or Luminary to add a little shimmer to your lips
winks.gif
HTH!