Newbie with NARS, where to start?

tyrannika

Well, I'm not only a MAC virgin, I'm a NARS virgin to! I want help with deciding what color to try out, since I've never tried out any NARS prods. I'm not familiar with their products and coloring, so I would really appreciate some help!
I think I want to start with trying out one of their blushes, do you feel that is a good idea?

I have searched high and low for some pictures of me without make up so that you can see my skin clearly
ir

And yes, I am the one to the right ;P
I have my natural hair and eyebrow color here and no make up. My skin could best be described as pale olive in my opinion and is not like the more "classic" Nordic skin-tone.
I hope you can help me!
Hugs/Annika

lunadestella

Hey Annika!

Here's a few things I can suggest to look into from NARS:
Ondine eyeshadow single
Fez e/s single
Etrusque e/s single
Nepal e/s single
Jolie Poupee duo (if you love purples!)
Sugarland duo
Silk Road duo
Kuala Lumpur duo
Melusine duo
Catfight lipstick
Roman Holiday lipstick
Flair lipstick
Bangkok Pure Matte Lipstick (soo pretty in person)
Ophelia lipgloss

As far as Nars blushes ...
Cactus Flower creme blush (you really can't go wrong with this one, it's so beautiful)
Lokoum creme blush
Mata Hari
Mounia
Deep Throat
Taos

That's all the NARS stuff I can think of off the top of my head. I think a blush is a perfect way to start out with NARS. I do love their lipsticks though! They last and last on me. You have to check out the Cactus Flower blush when you can. I wish I never waited as long as I did on getting that one.

As far as MAC goes, lol, I've only been shopping from them for about a year. I do love their Sweetie lipstick which is a perfect pink to me.

I hope this helps! :)

TheClara

Some of my personal faves that I think people should check out is:

The Blushes:
Oasis, Orgasm and Mounia (The Nars blushes are in a league of their own and there are so many great shades! It all depends on what colours you like. Orgasm is a shade that fits most skintones and people and Mounia and Oasis are other pretty colours that I would perhaps recommend for you. Most of the time I think most people can work all blush colours depending on the rest of the make up and your style. It is mostly about what you like really.)

The eyshadows:
Nars has sooo many eyeshadows, both duos and singles, and I have only tried a few, but the once in my collection I like the most are: The Cordura (Two brown colours with shimmer.) duo and Night Porter (Almost black with loads of dark green sprakle)single shadow.

The Multiple Bronzer:
I just love this product! It is a stick bronzer and it is perfect and so easy to use as a bronzer or for contouring. In summer when I'm really tanned I've also used one of the lighter colours as a foundation and it gave my skin a lovely texture. I've written an reviw in swedish and english of the product on my blog you can check it out here: http://claras.papper.fi/blog/post/68688/

The lipglosses:
I know many people think they smell like plastic, but I love the glosses I have! Nars has so many great colours. My faves are Turkish Delight and Boogie Nights.

Hope that helped you out a bit =)