Newly MAC Obsessed

User40

Hi Guys 'n Gals,
I'm new to Spectra and to MAC. That is, I've known about MAC for years, but only just started using it. I'm in my mid-forties; is it silly to be this MAC obsessed or what?! I wouldn't call what I have so far a collection, more like a starter kit. I went crazy for the Formal Black and Couture Collections so I have some items from both of those.

Really enjoying everyone's posts and pic's. What fun!
fluffy.gif

sharyn

th_770016001157748873-final.gif
to Specktra, Marmaladecat!!

Being obsessed with MAC is never silly! Glad to have you!
Enjoy
wavey.gif

tadzio79

Hello there, welcome to the forum!!!
I'm a newbie too and recently fell in love with MAC (I knew of the line for years, but never really tried it until now... doh!)

User40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Welcome to Specktra! Always nice to have another WA gal here (I am a Seattle girl).

Have fun!
smiles.gif

It is so cool that the girl with the most amazing m/u collection on Specktra lives in Seattle!!!
rasta.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaladecat
It is so cool that the girl with the most amazing m/u collection on Specktra lives in Seattle!!!
rasta.gif

Half and half. I was born and raised in Seattle, but now I go back and forth between the east coast and Seattle. Soon it will be Seattle permanently though. That is where DH and I's hearts are. We love it there.

I hope you have power now. I know that last storm was pretty intense.

User40

We used to live in Bellevue. I love it and Seattle. I'm a big-city girl. We now live just up the road from you in Bellingham. Have finally gotten used to the slower pace. (Unfortuneately there isn't any MAC sold around here for miles!
ssad.gif
).We were lucky in the last storm as far as power and falling trees. I heard Seattle was hit pretty hard.

cno64

I think we may be kindred spirits!
While I was in my teens and 20s, I'd heard about MAC, but I had a "Makeup is makeup" attitude, and bought from the drugstore only.
Then, when I was 36, I had a massive stroke, and ended up spending 4 months in the hospital, followed by 4 months in a nursing home.
When I was finally strong enough to come home, I was ready to have some FUN!
In search of red blush, I found and ordered "Frankly Scarlet" from mac.com, then moved on from there to other MAC products.
Now I'm 42, and count the days until the next collection comes out.
I bought myself MACouture lipsticks for Christmas.
All that to say: If you're silly, I'm severely deranged.
winks.gif

Welcome; you'll love this site.

User40

What shade of Couture l/s did you get? I got House of Style and the Collection '06 l/g. I also got the Mystery Powder, but was very disappointed in the cheap plastic on top of the lid!

caffn8me

Welcome aboard! I think you've found somewhere nobody will think you odd for being really obsessed with M·A·C. Remember, as the saying goes; M·A·C is for all races, all sexes, all ages and all obsessives
winks.gif

tadzio79

Hello, welcome to the forum!
I've known MAC for years also, and recently got into them this year.