Next Icon speculation

Parishoon

Thumper gave us a hint & now time for the MAC guessing game...who do you think it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
She's not the next icon. The next icon is an older movie star who was big in the 60's and 70's (from the US). Plastic surgerized, unfortunately.

my vote is Elizabeth Taylor...plastic, AIDS charity

EDIT: so now I realize that "from the US" is a tricky hint, does it mean they're from the US as in born & bred, if so, Elizabeth Taylor doesn't fit, b/c she's British, darn, & I thought i was so clever.

i came up w/ a few other guesses, but a)not sure of their plasticized status, b)not sure if they're alive & c) not sure if they're from the US. & Don't feel like looking it up, lazy i know, but for reference, here they are:
Anne Bancroftedit3: deceased
Dyan Carol
Stockard Channing
Faye Dunaway
Angie Dickinson
Farrah Fawcett
Goldie Hawn
Sophia Loren edit2: i know she's italian, but i put her on my list before i re-read that & i *still* like her, since i didn't change my guess from Elizabeth Taylor, i didn't want to knock her off the list either.

to me a few of them wouldn't exactly be "icons"

caroni99

I read somewhere that Raquel Welch (sp?) is supposed to be doing something with MAC--so maybe she's next.

poddygirl

Hoping it is not going to be Jane Fonda
ssad.gif

Corvs Queen

Okay, I'm just gonna say that my vote for who the next Icon SHOULD be is for David Bowie or Brian Molko. Gah, get with it MAC. What's up with the old bags?

Parishoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
I read somewhere that Raquel Welch (sp?) is supposed to be doing something with MAC--so maybe she's next.

I'd buy Raquel Welch, she's on par w/ Sophie Loren to me anyways.

lara

Goldie Hawn.

Totally left-field answer - wouldn't it be ace if Anna Wintour was an Icon?
winks.gif

sigwing

Anne Bancroft is dead.
Farrah is a lunatic, but I guess she was an icon in the 70's.

I'd vote Raquel for sure, and Elizabeth Taylor would seem a no-brainer to be an icon because she is one.

depecher

I thought it was going to be Dolly too. I'd LOVE to see a male icon though. Boy George would be awesome, but his drug troubles aren't helping him. Robert Smith would work too, but that's a stretch.

mans_x_ruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchygretch84
didn't some MA a few months ago say it was dolly parton? I can't remember.

And I hope it's Goldie Hawn.

I *adore* Dolly Parton, so, this, to me, would be amazing..

Throwaway Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
Okay, I'm just gonna say that my vote for who the next Icon SHOULD be is for David Bowie or Brian Molko. Gah, get with it MAC. What's up with the old bags?

Hahahaha, i so agree right there.
But I vote Bowie for being an icon. Brian should just be eyecandy. hahaha, just kidding, Brian is my icon.

lemurian

I would love Goldie, but I don't think she qualifies as "plastic surgerized"
winks.gif

However, I think Cher fits that description, and I love her, too! But I think that would be almost too good to be true.. she's been crusading for military helmets lately, I can't imagine her as part of a cosmetics campaign as well, hehe!

Latest posts