Nicole Kidman's makeup disaster

PollyRhythm

Has anyone seen this? If this is the wrong section or has been done already, mods please move it.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/phugc/CVY1Cs..._____DpBBBrbna

First picture is from Nicole at the "Nine" premiere in L.A. 12/9/09 and second is Nicole at the "Nine" premiere in N.Y. 12/15/09. I'm sorry but this looks like she had a Dave Chappelle 'Tyrone Biggums' moment
lol.gif
. This is horrible and I'm not a fan of hers, nor a professional makeup artist but this is just ugh to look at.

I don't think I've ever seen anything wrong with her makeup in past pictures(but that doesn't of course mean that I've seen every picture of her) but it seems like someone rushed this and got generous with powder. I don't know if it's supposed to be a HD powder or blot powder but wow.

BEA2LS

maybe it was just the way it photographed? i cannot see her walking around like this.

MAC_Whore

I love how the media is referring to this as a "disaster". Please...put it in perspective. Mishap, maybe, but disaster? It's a bit of excess powder. "Disasters" are hurricanes, tsunamis and the like. Not face powder.

Meisje

Is powder itself the culprit or is the problem light-reflective particles that don't photograph well?

PollyRhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
maybe it was just the way it photographed? i cannot see her walking around like this.

Same thing I said and @ MAC_Whore, ITA. The media takes something little like this and tries to make it seem like its the worst thing to ever happen to a person
th_dunno.gif

BEA2LS

^^ agreed, it could have been anything really.. and all she needed to do was brush it off, if it was powder, that is. it could be the way it photographed, could be anything.. no biggie
smiles.gif

LRMakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS

This is most likely what happened. Her makeup artist probably used a powder with too much Mica and it reflected when the flashes went off! Poor Nicole, she wouldn't have been able to tell just by looking in the mirror.

bellaboomboom

I saw it and thought it was a joke - that she was just doing it to be silly? How could she not know she looked like that?
th_dunno.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
I saw it and thought it was a joke - that she was just doing it to be silly? How could she not know she looked like that?
th_dunno.gif

I don't think she knew it looked like that.. in other words i don't think it looked that way in real life, i think it just showed up with the camera and lights.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
.... How could she not know she looked like that?
th_dunno.gif

It's probably pretty easy when you are a celeb of that status. Your "handlers" do everything for you. Fix your dress, carry your purse, touch up your hair, make your arrangements, round up your car, apply your makeup. I guess you just get used to not thinking for yourself in certain situations. Clearly, not a good idea.

astronaut

Looks like silica powder. If you don't blend it well it will show up like that with flash. It looks fine to the naked eye. It happened to me when I first started using silica powder. I took FOTD pictures and was wondering why there was this white streak on my cheek. I buffed that area some more, took another picture, and it was gone.

gildedangel

I too would not call this a disaster at all. It's not even like this is going to ruin her career or anything, it's just a picture. It looks to me like maybe it was a combination of too much powder, bad blending, and the lighting. There are far worse things in life than a bad picture.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I love how the media is referring to this as a "disaster". Please...put it in perspective. Mishap, maybe, but disaster? It's a bit of excess powder. "Disasters" are hurricanes, tsunamis and the like. Not face powder.

Hallelujah for common sense!!
thmbup.gif
This is not some major life threatening issue, maybe some mild embarrassment, but seriously - who really cares? I love Nicole and this wasnt something that bothered me in the least. I mean our PM had an unfortunate incident with some ear wax, and that was laughable, he laughed at it too and the country embraced him for his own humanity
lol.gif
These reporters need to get a life
th_LMAO.gif

Boasorte

she's beautiful

the makeup artist, however needs to get fired, or come on Specktra for some How To lessons.

MaskedBeauty

^exactly. I think anyone would notice if they had powder like that on their nose. Like someone else said it was probably the flash on their camera. Sad thing is if it wasn't under her eyes too then it really would look like she was sniffing some cocaine. lol. poor girl.

blurpleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Looks like silica powder. If you don't blend it well it will show up like that with flash. It looks fine to the naked eye. It happened to me when I first started using silica powder. I took FOTD pictures and was wondering why there was this white streak on my cheek. I buffed that area some more, took another picture, and it was gone.

great to know! ..i'll make sure i'm careful to buff more than usual if i ever use mufe or mac's silica powder, thanks!