Night Porter & Dragonskin - green smokey eye

rocketqueen

Today I've used Night Porter from NARS; a fantastically soft and creamy eyeshadow, with a black base and tons of amazing dark green shimmer. Almost each and every review I've read about this one says that you have to dampen the applicator to get the green shimmer to show up, but that's nothing I can agree upon! It I use Night Porter with a dry brush and no primer, I get a dark grey background with loads of that green shimmer, and with damp brushes the color are very true to how it looks in the packaging. Like dark green velvet! I'm in love, it's perfect for a smokey eye!

I paired Night Porter with Pro pigment White Gold from MAC, which on me is white/gold with golden/light rosey shimmer. I also took out Dragonskin from Fyrinnae to soften the edges of the black shadow; to that I used a big, soft blending brush from Japonesque to get a sheer application. Dragonskin was perfect together with Night Porter!

I also used the Mint concealer from Everyday Minerals as a loose powder, and I must say I don't like it one bit. Where my other favorite green powder from FACE Stockholm looks natural and melts in, the EM Mint easily gets chalky and alien green! Back to FACE...

night_porter_1201099183.jpg

I've also used
Foundation: Everyday Minerals in Golden Fair
Loose powder: Everyday Minerals Mint concealer
Mascara: Blinc
Brows: MAC Concrete
Cheeks: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Flush
Lips: Clinique Perfect Beige
Kohl pencil: L'Oreal

Thanks for looking!

knoxydoll

jawdrop.gif
amazing. I love the dramaticness of this. The green really softens this look up so that it's not as harsh on your beautiful pale skin. I may have to do something quite similar soon.

n_c

This is beautiful, would love to see a tut on this look. The e/s application is flawless
smiles.gif

Glitziegal

Wow, gorgeous. I wish I could get Night Porter to look that good on me. I always find all the green has gone when I have finished blending
ssad.gif

blazeno.8

Wow! You look like a model with this! The green looks great on you and everything you paired it with makes a very seamless look.

shadowaddict

Beautiful, I just bought Night Porter but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Now I'm super glad I got it.
yahoo.gif

Latest posts