Nipple Piercing

britgrl

So I am thinking about getting my nipples pierced. Just wondering for those that have theirs done if they have any thoughts. Pros and cons about having had them pierced. TIA.

Shimmer

It's really hard to keep your hands off them, but if you keep them clean and make sure the hoop/bar is wide enough to allow for swelling, it should be fine.

athena123

ohmigod, whenever I think about this it triggers the primeval instinct to cross my arms over my boobs to protect them. I even have a hard time getting a mammogram done because of the pasties I have to place on my nipples. I guess my breasts are sensitive but I seriously can't understand why people want to have this done?
th_dunno.gif
What kind of bras do you wear, how do you shower, bathe, make love without fear of catching your nipplewear on something and ripping them off? How does your guy suck on them without getting them caught in his teeth? Uugghhh....

Good luck

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena123
ohmigod, whenever I think about this it triggers the primeval instinct to cross my arms over my boobs to protect them. I even have a hard time getting a mammogram done because of the pasties I have to place on my nipples. I guess my breasts are sensitive but I seriously can't understand why people want to have this done?
th_dunno.gif
What kind of bras do you wear, how do you shower, bathe, make love without fear of catching your nipplewear on something and ripping them off? How does your guy suck on them without getting them caught in his teeth? Uugghhh....

Good luck

It feels good. Adrenaline is an amazing drug.
Regular bras.
It doesn't catch if you're aware of it. Loofas can be tricky but mostly it's all good.
He's never gotten them caught in his teeth.

The biggest thing about them is waiting until they're healed before you start jacking with them.

Divinity

Just be sure to take care of the piercing and keep it clean - do what the piercer advises to care for them and you should be good. Keep in mind though, that there is the possibility the jewelry may migrate out. It's the body's response to unnatural "organisms" in the body. If they do, they can only be re done once as scar tissue begins to form and can damage the skin. A professional piercer should never re pierce the same area more than once for health reasons.

VDUB*BELLA

I had one of my nipples pierced a couple of years ago and despite what you may think it did not hurt. There is some obvious discomfort but the pain amount was A LOT less than when I had my belly button done.

The healing process is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long. Although I loved the piercing my bf hated it. It was TOO senstive to touch and only one of the girls got the attention. LOL
winks.gif

Anyways eventually I got fed up with his complaining and took it out. Some days it was painful to even move my arm other days it was awesome. And yes. You can breast feed after you take out your nipple ring it doesnt damage anything
th_DANCE.gif

fingie

I got my nipples pierced a few years ago and had my daughter in 2006. She was breastfed with no problems, but since I had to take them out I had to get them repierced once she wasn't BF anymore. Personally, mine aren't sensitive now and they weren't sensitive before--but thats me. In a few months I'll be taking them out for a breast augmentation and then repiercing (vertical this time vs horizontal the last 2 times) because I love the way they make them look. I've always been self concious of my nipples because I felt like they were kinda large, and piercings are my way to make them be pretty. (If that makes sense)

Anyways, research it. BMEZine.com helped me a lot by reading through other peoples experiences and looking at pictures.
In the end its up to you, it's definately uncomfortable for a little bit but for me, it was totally worth it!

ArsenicKiss

So.. I got mine pierced on my eighteenth birthday, all I can say is that everyone has a different experience with the piercing, and the healing, and everything.

Not to discourage you, but WOW! The pain was pretty bad. Very visceral. Honestly, my brain invented a sound to accompany the feeling of the needle when I got the piercing done. But, I guess it wasn't that bad, since I still got them both done.

I didn't have the best time with the healing process, and I wound up losing a lot of sensitivity. In the end, I took my piercings out. Sometimes I miss them, but there are just little things about having them done that I couldn't deal with.

duckduck

I had mine pierced for about 3 years. Surprisingly, actually getting them pierced was not so bad - adrenaline and endorphins kick in within about 0.1 second, and the pain disappears quickly. I was sore for a few days after I got them, but I took really good care of them, and they healed up nicely. It was a lot of fun for my boyfriend and I to have them, and no, teeth were never an issue. I definitely caught them on things more times than I can count (I am super clumsy) and while this would make them sore for a few days and require special care, it never ripped them out
smiles.gif

I finally ended up removing them because had gotten back into competitive swimming. The racing suits would show them, and the daily hour-long exposure to chlorine was drying them out very heavily. As a result, they started to reject, and all attempts to rectify the problem were fruitless. I ended up removing them and it was like losing a body part. I still miss them terribly, but re-piercing through the scar tissue is usually much more painful, and generally not successful. Anyways, I would HIGHLY recommend you get them done - provided you are not a big swimmer that is
smiles.gif
Also, even if you are, you can wear these: Buy Nexcare Tegaderm Transparent Dressing Online at drugstore.com
A little expensive, but I would have given anything to know about them before this happened.

Loveleighe

i had both mine done but only wear one. no pain in fact me and the artist were laughing the whole time. If you take care of them they will be just fine if you don't like a girl i knew they will get infected easily. Oh and until they heal don't go changing to bars/rings like every other day... constanly changing the ring before it heals will cause it to harden or you might not be ble to get the ring back in. and if you do change it... try to keep some kind of jewelry in it for a year otherwise it can still close up and when you go back for round two it'll huurrrrrrt.

kokometro

I had implants put in and even though they didn't cut around the nipple (under the breast incision) my nipples are so sensitive that I can't even touch them. And I'm not saying that they are sensitive in a good way. When I started reading this thread, I almost passed out.

Good luck with that.. I"m all squidgy now.

clslvr6spd

I have had mine for 5 years, and I love them. My nipples weren't that sensitive but after I got them done its a lot better. The pain wasn't really that bad, just the 2nd one was a bitch. But I would have to say that my nipples hurt worse than getting my hood pierced, sorry if that is TMI. Just take care of them properly, mine healed withing a few months with proper cleaning. A few of my g/f's got them done and didn't take care of them properly, it was kinda gross.
sick.gif

They are the best things besides my hood piercing, so good luck if you do decide you pierce your girls.
thmbup.gif

Shimmer

Really? Because my hood piercing didn't hurt at ALL. The only part that was uncomfortable was when she had to put the receiver thing (trocar? Catheter? I don't remember) in place. And that was just weird.

I think I'm just a masochist.

britgrl

I just want to say thank you to all the lovely ladies that have responded. I really appreciate the feedback!!
th_DANCE.gif

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Really? Because my hood piercing didn't hurt at ALL. The only part that was uncomfortable was when she had to put the receiver thing (trocar? Catheter? I don't remember) in place. And that was just weird.

I think I'm just a masochist.

I worded that wrong, lol. I agree that the "thing" was WAY more uncomfortable than the actual piercing part. My friend thought her hood hurt worse than her nipples, and I just looked at her like your
th_crazy2.gif
!

Pascal

I had both of mine pierced in when I was 19, I took them out 8 months later. They hurt when they move around, you can literally feel the piercing moving around under your nipple. I was real good with them, I never got an infection I constantly has sterile saline solution and a shot glass to clean the piercings throughout the day. It was fun for a while, then I got over them, it was just a phase I went through. Plus they hurt when you touch them and try to stimulate them, they hurt like a bitch, If you get a lot of (sexual) attention on your nipples from someone else they will hurt after you get piercings. If you enjoy your nipples and the feeling they give you, I wouldn't get them pierced, plus I heard if you pierce your nipples you can't breast feed in the future, but I didn't care about that part, I don't want kids anyways.
Good Luck to you

Loveleighe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
But I would have to say that my nipples hurt worse than getting my hood pierced, sorry if that is TMI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Really? Because my hood piercing didn't hurt at ALL. The only part that was uncomfortable was when she had to put the receiver thing (trocar? Catheter? I don't remember) in place. And that was just weird.I think I'm just a masochist.

I 2nd that. I didn't feel for either. the only thing that ws uncorfortable abut the hood piercing is how i had to sit in the chair and the set ws leather it was like awkwrd sex in a car. BUT i did lose some feeling after the hood as opposed to my nipples.

Loveleighe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal
plus I heard if you pierce your nipples you can't breast feed in the future

I heard the same thing in sex ed in middle school, they had me believing tht i wouldn't be able to breast feed because all the milk will be shooting all over the place.... and i have to say it's not true. I breastfed nipple ring in for the first month then took it out for the next 7 and it was fine. If anything happened it was so minute i didn't notice it

CantAffordMAC

you guys are brave souls lol. nipples and hoods pierced....agh. If I wasn't such a wimp I might try it. But I doubt it. Knowing my luck something bad would happen.

for those with hood piercings--.................does it really make you like a hundred times more sensitive? I've heard stories of girls with that pierced and they orgasm by like, walking up the steps. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? Its hard for me to orgasm at all so this might be a good solution...?