Nix'ie Cosmetics

glamdoll

Has anyone tried them out? I like their eyeshadows, and blushes. I saw them on KJ Bennetts blog and gave them a try. However I cant match my foundation off the site.

Help!

nixiecosmetics.com

Ella_

Eye shadows are awesome, better than MAC in my opinion and a whole lot bigger too so you get a lot more bang for your buck. Blushes are nice but they all tend to be very pink/red - well the ones I have tried are, Ive not tried the more earthy tones yet. I adore the cream blushes, they remind me of the NARS ones actually, more of a cream to powder texture than dewy which is what I like. They are available in same shades as their powder blushes which is a nice change as most lines tend not to do that.

HTH.

Dreamergirl3

there's some great info in this thread
smiles.gif

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?p=865719
hth!

_trimm_trabb

I love Nix'ie! It is so much easier and faster to get a pro discount (you can get instant approval online if you have a website showcasing your freelance work) from them than with MAC, and the discount is the same - 40%! PLUS right now they have a promo where every pro member gets a free 6 pan palette filled with eyeshadows! AND, as if this wasn't enough, pro members can refer their clients to the Nix'ie cosmetics website. And if your client enters your username when they check out, they get 10% off of THEIR purchase AND the artist gets a 30% commission on that order! So you can freelance AND earn commission simultaneously. It's awesome.

Not to mention their products are fab. Color payoff is great on the eyeshadows (better than MAC) and they have a bajillion colours. However, has anybody tried their full coverage foundation? I really like that it can be ordered in pro pans to fit into a palette (and for only $7.50 each with the discount - eep!!!!). But I am curious about quality, coverage, etc. Has anybody tried it? Thanks!
smiles.gif

Ella_

Oh and you dont have to pay for the discount either, and really, paying for a discount is a joke...

_trimm_trabb

Quote:
Oh and you dont have to pay for the discount either, and really, paying for a discount is a joke...

Agreed!

goldensunsetfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by _trimm_trabb
I love Nix'ie! It is so much easier and faster to get a pro discount (you can get instant approval online if you have a website showcasing your freelance work) from them than with MAC, and the discount is the same - 40%! PLUS right now they have a promo where every pro member gets a free 6 pan palette filled with eyeshadows! AND, as if this wasn't enough, pro members can refer their clients to the Nix'ie cosmetics website. And if your client enters your username when they check out, they get 10% off of THEIR purchase AND the artist gets a 30% commission on that order! So you can freelance AND earn commission simultaneously. It's awesome.

Not to mention their products are fab. Color payoff is great on the eyeshadows (better than MAC) and they have a bajillion colours. However, has anybody tried their full coverage foundation? I really like that it can be ordered in pro pans to fit into a palette (and for only $7.50 each with the discount - eep!!!!). But I am curious about quality, coverage, etc. Has anybody tried it? Thanks!
smiles.gif

I bought their full coverage foundation the other day. Although it was the wrong shade and I had to send it back, one of the samples that I asked for matched perfectly. The texture of the foundation was creamy and easy to blend, but it doesn't really last that long if you use a little bit of it to spot conceal (Then again, I probably didn't know what I was doing, lol). I'm going to use it again on Monday, but this time, I'm going to use a bigger amount to see if there is a difference in how long it last.

goldensunsetfl

Their full coverage foundation is creamy and blendable. I don't really like foundation all over my face, so I just use it to spot conceal and then set it with a lil bit of Studio Fix powder. Their eyeshadows are very pigmented and blendable as well. I think I'm going to try one of their lipglosses or liquid lipsticks in the future.

carandru

I got my e/s in the mail yesterday and they are awesome. They are soft and very pigmented. I can't wait to play around with them!

Latest posts