No Luv For The Caramel Ladies In The Uk

jazmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
And the damn magazines! I swear it was either seventeen or marie claire that had a three column makeup guide for fair-medium-and dark women! The DARK woman used was Beyonce! And all the makeup they talked about was her color!

There's is such an ignorance in the industry!!! Whether it be in media or print!
MAC's even being a douche and downsizing colors as well! There should be nothing limited edition or going going gone or discontinued about NC/NW55 dammit! I'm not even that color but I see a trend!

I agree, it's shocking to see the deepest skintone in magazines/makeup be someone like Beyonce/Halle Berry etc. They are missing so many beautiful deep skintones! Also I notice that a lot of times the deeper foundation get in a line it seems all they do is make them super orange or super red, which doesn't work for alot of folks. As a WOC, I find it hard to find the right undertone in my shade. I've got at least 3 foundations at home that I thought would work, but are actually way to orange. And I live in the US, were there is more variety. Hopefully in time these brands will realize they are missing a huge demographic and money and wisen up to the needs of consumers.

EllaLan

Update on trip to Bow: As expected, I got lost like nobody's business and to add insult to lots of injury (it was raining, it is still raining); the drugstore has disappeared. I walked up and down the street more than once, twice, thrice and it's not where it was supposed to be. I'm sorry folks, I was so hoping that I wouldn't have to beg my sister to buy revlon color stay in NY and post it but I have no choice and that london ladies would have an outlet to get color stay. Oh well, the hunt still continues.

luxury

I hate that they do this. here in the states they jump from caramel to deep mocha in a single bound like no one in between exists.

Soul Unique

Hey Ladies,

I discovered L'Oreal Studio Secrets High Definition Foundation [looks like Too Faced Magic Wand] this week - they had a Caramel and Warm Chocolate shade. I did try the Caramel but only on the back of my hand and it seemed to be a great match - i'll probably purchase it soon to see if it looks as good on my face as it did on my hand lol.

I agree with all the comments above that there definitely needs to be representation of dark skin cosmetics in stores as well as weekly womens mags. I do love Maybelline however I only wish they'd bring out a shade that resembled MAC NC46!!

OFF TOPIC!!! MAC are in Morleys now
yahoo.gif
??? Gosh where have I been??