No MAC Staff card after 9 months of working with the company

Fieeh

I got hired back in October, and was recently told by my manager that my staff card was ordered months ago, but didn't know if I was in the system yet - the thing is, I am travelling to the US (from Denmark) in a few weeks, and would like to be able to get just a little discount (I only get 20% where I work, and our prices are already 2-3x more than US retail). I know I won't get the card anytime soon, but would like to speed up the process a bit.

So to my questions:
1. Who do I call to check if my order has been placed? My manager says she asked to have the order placed twice, so it's probably not even ordered.
2. If/when it's ordered, how do I check if I'm in the system? Where do I check/who do I call? (or can any other MAC employees check for me?)
3. I was told by my manager and regional trainer that I should take my contract, a copy of my last few paychecks and get the company (Nordic region) to write an email for me to print and take all of these papers with me to a store, and that then the US MAC Stores "might" give me my discount or at least some discount. Has anyone tried this and is it even worth a try?

TIA! :)

aninhabr85

Do you get paid by Estee Lauder?
If yes... if you present your recent pay stub and ID you will be able to get 30% OFF in a MAC freestanding store.

ChrissyMichelle

I am also in the final stages of hiring on to work the Estee Lauder counter at Belk. Could you tell me how much they will pay for this position? If it is too low I won't even bother with the interview. The job would be amazing but I need to bring home a specific amount of money to pay my bills. Could you tell me how much you make or at least give an estimate of what my pay will likely be? (example: $11-$13per hour + commission) Thanks! Chrissy

Fieeh

I am also in the final stages of hiring on to work the Estee Lauder counter at Belk. Could you tell me how much they will pay for this position? If it is too low I won't even bother with the interview. The job would be amazing but I need to bring home a specific amount of money to pay my bills. Could you tell me how much you make or at least give an estimate of what my pay will likely be? (example: $11-$13per hour + commission) Thanks! Chrissy
I have no idea. I think you might be better off asking in a new thread as this has nothing to do with my thread.

Ive been with my counter for 5 months now and still haven't received my staff card...if anyone knows how to speed up the process please let me know..i have a pro card already but in trying to hold off for my staff card

aninhabr85

Just speak to your Manager - the delay might be due to you having an active pro card.
You manager has to contact the staff cards department in order to get your staff card processed.