No Matter What

Dreamergirl3

So, I'm dying my hair at home no matter what. I'm using 3 colors, and yes they're intermixable, even on the professional website they even advice mixing this particular line to create certain colors. Anyway, the instructions say how much of what to use and then to mix it, but what should I mix it in? A plastic bowl and stir? I'm not sure, I'm just used to shaking them in the bottle but that's pretty much out of the question.
Would a plastic bowl (a disposable one lol) suffice?

Cruella

Do you have a Sally's Beauty near you or any other beauty supply place? They sell those plastic mixing bowls for color product for about $1.50; you can also get the brushes to apply the mixture. Good luck & post some pics when you are done.
smiles.gif

user3

Yup a plastic bowl.

If you can get to beauty supply they have big application bottles.

Dreamergirl3

ok so, i went to buy the dye but they're out of the one color I needed to mix the other ones with. I'm thinking of still doing it but with the next darker color. Here's the color chart: http://www.thecreativestudio.com/dis..._swatches.html
I was going to mix two Light Golden Brown 5g with one Cocoa Brown 3n. They're out of Cocoa Brown 3n, but I was thinkin of still trying it with Dark Brown 2n. Do you think it'll be okay? Let me know what y'all think!

Dreamergirl3

Ha I jumped the gun and used the two Light Golden Browns and one Dark Brown ratio. I'm sitting with the dye on my head as I type. I'll try to get a pic in later or tomorrow. I'm hoping for a little lighter hair color with more golden tones. Cross your fingers, I'm going to rinse it out now!

Dreamergirl3

Meh...not really what I wanted, but I'm not that upset because its barely noticable. I wanted a slightly lighter color with golden tones, and I got a slightly darker, richer dark brown. It's not bad, I can live with it. I'll probably leave it until it gets Spring/warmer (which in California is like, March lol) and then get it done at a salon.
And some pics, as promised
smiles.gif

CIMG0885.JPG

CIMG0886.JPG

CIMG0893.JPG

good thing is, my hair is now super shiny! that's not photoshopped, ladies thats natural shiiine! not even biosilk in there haha! There are veeery subtle reddish undertones in there,but you can only see that in the sunlight.it's more or less neutral, just a richer, deep espresso-colored brown. I mean it goes with my skintone and its nice and shiny, but its just not what I wanted. Oh well! At least it didn't go horribly wrong! Now, time to start saving for that trip to the salon in a few months....
about my hair before, I can't find a good pic but it was damn near the same color it is now, mostly just the tone of it has changed.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
Meh...not really what I wanted, but I'm not that upset because its barely noticable. I wanted a slightly lighter color with golden tones, and I got a slightly darker, richer dark brown. It's not bad, I can live with it. I'll probably leave it until it gets Spring/warmer (which in California is like, March lol) and then get it done at a salon.

good thing is, my hair is now super shiny! that's not photoshopped, ladies thats natural shiiine! not even biosilk in there haha! There are veeery subtle reddish undertones in there,but you can only see that in the sunlight.it's more or less neutral, just a richer, deep espresso-colored brown. I mean it goes with my skintone and its nice and shiny, but its just not what I wanted. Oh well! At least it didn't go horribly wrong! Now, time to start saving for that trip to the salon in a few months....
about my hair before, I can't find a good pic but it was damn near the same color it is now, mostly just the tone of it has changed.

well...it still looks nice
greengrin.gif

i know a great gal but she is in livermore....I doubt you want to drive that far! LOL
but...then we could go shopping *wink wink*