No more Freelance/On-Call??

pahblov

The manager at my local MAC told me that the company is getting rid of freelance/on-call artists, and that everyone who works as an artist now will be a regular employee. Anyone else heard anything like this?

miss_supra

No, I am a freelance artist and have not heard anything like that. They aren't using them until July. I'll ask my main manager here that handles freelance artists.

miss_supra

Wow, Canada has no more free-lance/on call? Now this stresses me out more about getting hours here in the US.

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
Wow, Canada has no more free-lance/on call? Now this stresses me out more about getting hours here in the US.

Omg! Me too and I am just starting out here.
ssad.gif

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
Omg! Me too and I am just starting out here.
ssad.gif

Same here!! It feels like they are under lock down over in my region. Even when a girl had to go on to short term disability they wouldn't even give her hours to regular employees. The managers here have been saying wait until end of July to really find out how things will be
ssad.gif

amoona

Sorry to hijack this thread but I hear ya miss_supra its odd. We are in desperate need of freelancers (we are missing 2 full timers n our 3rd key is on a leave of absence). They're having a freakin freelance job fair once a month but we can't even use anyone they hire?!

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Sorry to hijack this thread but I hear ya miss_supra its odd. We are in desperate need of freelancers (we are missing 2 full timers n our 3rd key is on a leave of absence). They're having a freakin freelance job fair once a month but we can't even use anyone they hire?!

Same here!!! Maybe it's because our regions are so close. We have ours about every two-three months, but none of the 5 stores around me have hours. I am so eager to work and get my name out there too.

giz2000

I haven't had any hours since May...it's getting old, and I think it's time for me to move on...it's sad, because I really love working with MAC, but everything has its shelf life...

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahblov
YIKES!

Yep...and I used to get at least 30 hours a week between 4 counters...things are really really bad.

GreekChick

We haven't had any freelancers since Christmas. And we are incredibly short-staffed at my counter, yet not looking for anyone to fill the voids. We are only 5 girls.