No Samples at Clinique?!

ClaireAvril

What department store did you go to?

I had the same issue @ a MUFE counter at the department store that I work for! (I don't work @ the counter - I work @ HQ)
The girl @ the counter said no they don't give samples MUFE doesn't provide them with sample jars. And she didn't even recommend that I try on the foundation in the store. She just let me walk away
So what did I do? I called MUFE's head office... the associate said if they refuse to provide you with a jar you can bring your own and she personally called the counter herself and told the counter that I would be coming back with my own sample jar to get a sample of the HD foundation.

and guess what? I love the foundation and will be going back to purchase it. I don't know if I should go back to the same counter.. Maybe I should to prove to the girl that going out of your way for a customer can bring you a sale and maybe many more.
What is wrong with some of these associates? Don't they realise that sometimes you have to give some free things out in order to start business relationships with customers?!? I understand that some people abuse it but still - its a bloody tester anyway.. what is the difference between putting it on in the store or outside of the store?
Its not even like its their product they are giving away free. It doesn't come out of their pocket.
When I walk to the train station there are companies constantly giving out free things to thousand of potential customers because how else are customers going to try new things?
ERRG!
I would suggest calling upper management @ the department store that you went to.. or calling Clinique Head office.
Good luck!

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtiffineyx
Well, she told me, "Our company doesn't even supply us with anything to give samples out in. They don't want to encourage it."
thmbdn.gif

So I told her, "Okay, thats fine, I'll take my business to another company that does allow samples to make sure their customers are satisfied." And walked away.

I know it's really annoying for me (and I'm sure everyone else) to buy a full size thing of foundation, then get home and realize it's not gonna work out. Why waste time & money buying it, then having to return it then trying something else out?!

EXACTLY! Especially when these department stores are competing with other stores like Sephora and MAC who give out samples of everything and are willing to take back (return) anything you're not satisfied with.. (now thats good customer service).
These department stores should realise that and have to up their game or else they are going to lose sales.

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
I'm glad you brought this up, a few months ago when I was shopping for a new foundation the Clinique counter told me that they don't provide samples, and I thought they were just being bitchy, so maybe this is their policy. I too didn't understand this because some of the other counters do.

BTW: The Chanel counter also told me they don't provide samples
ssad.gif

Clinique is suppose to sample you foundation. I know they did at the Macy's I worked at.

Chanel doesn't do samples. They will match you then and you can choose to buy or not, but they don't sample foundations out.

makeupmadb

Sounds like she was having an off day to not give you a sample, although she did offer to try it on you, and then you could've looked at it outside?

After making my purchase I asked an MA in MAC for a sample but she said, rather rudely, 'we don't do samples'. I didn't like the counter I went to anyway. That was the only time I've asked for a sample so it's put me off asking in future.

abbyquack

Ok I know this is probably old news but I just wanted to share that when I was at Nordstroms the other day, I saw an entire jar of little clinique sample pots, like the mac ones but with green lids! So that girl is full of crap!

astronaut

I was just at Nordstrom yesterday and walked by the Clinique counter. They had a tub filled with empty sample jars next to the foundations. There was a label encouraging sampling out their foundations on the tub. I think you get to make your own sample too. That Clinique SA is full of it.