No Winter here

72Cosmo

We have had no winter to speak of here. It's been in the 70's and as high as 80 for several weeks. I think it was even around 80 on Christmas Day. Our summers are so-o-o long and hot. How has everyone else's winter weather been?

depecher

It's been what it usually is: nice. We've had a little rain, but NOTHING like last year when it rained forever. It's really hard to explain to 6 year olds about Winter when they are wearing shorts and short sleeve tops. LOL!

jasper17

our winter has been kind of weird. i live in the chicago area and it's usually snowy and cold but it got cold really early and then warm again and then we had a ton of snow and today it was nearly 50, which is just bizarre, and in the morning it's supposed to snow again. earlier this week, we had a thunderstorm complete with lightning and hail. so yeah. nuts winter.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
our winter has been kind of weird. i live in the chicago area and it's usually snowy and cold but it got cold really early and then warm again and then we had a ton of snow and today it was nearly 50, which is just bizarre, and in the morning it's supposed to snow again. earlier this week, we had a thunderstorm complete with lightning and hail. so yeah. nuts winter.

Yeah. Chicago weather is always crazy. It's one of the things that makes me sure I can't live here forever. I wouldn't mind 70 or 80 degrees though.

aquarius11

Ha, jasper17 and aziajs..I used to live in Chicago (Michigan & Chestnut) until 3 years ago my hubby and I had enough of the erratic weather so we moved to Phoenix, AZ. Much better here in the winter, but the summers are hellish..very low humidity (not at all humid like Chicago) but very hot, like 110 degrees is not uncommon, and it lasts too long, like 4-5 months of pure heat. But there is air conditioning and misting systems everywhere you go. It's nice (but odd) to wear shorts and tank tops in December. After all that said, I would take AZ over Chicago ANYDAY!!! Although I miss the city sometimes. But oh well, gotta give and take.

72Cosmo...are you from AZ also? I see you're from the Southwest, but you don't mention what state...just wondering. If you are from AZ, I hear you about the winters. It's so weird having a non-white X-mas, especially for me since I come from Chicago and it snows like mercy there in the winter. But yeah, it's hard to say "winter" when you live in weather like ours...for me it's summer all year long!!

Eye<3Colour

im in central illinois and it got to 61 yesterday. it was so nice. and my hometown broke a record and reached 72 i think it was. def in the 70's. i love the weather. the end of fall was nasty. lots and lots of snow and negative tempatures. o it was torture!! i will take this any day!!! on a crappy note, its gonna only get to 30 today. so yah cold!!

niecypiecy

You can come shovel snow here if you miss winter
lol.gif

Classic Beauty

Ugh! It feels like there should only be like 1 or 2 months of school left. But, oh no that's right, I have 5.

Stupid non winter.

user2

You think 30°F is cold???? A week ago we had 10°F!!!!!!!!!! I had to scratch the frost flowers from the inner window of my car!!!!

72Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius11
Ha, jasper17 and aziajs..I used to live in Chicago (Michigan & Chestnut) until 3 years ago my hubby and I had enough of) but very hot, like 110 degrees is not uncommon, and it lasts too long, like 4-5 months of pure heat. But there is air conditioning and misting systems everywhere you go. It's nice (but odd) to wear shorts and tank tops in December. After all that said, I would take AZ over Chicago ANYDAY!!! Although I miss the city sometimes. But oh well, gotta give and take.

72Cosmo...are you from AZ also? I see you're from the Southwest, but you don't mention what state...just wondering. If you are from AZ, I hear you about the winters. It's so weird having a non-white X-mas, especially for me since I come from Chicago and it snows like mercy there in the winter. But yeah, it's hard to say "winter" when you live in weather like ours...for me it's summer all year long!!

I live in Tucson and I've lived here so long that I don't wear shorts when it's between 70 to 80 degrees because it's still only in the 30's when I take my son to school in the morning. I guess I'm too lazy to be changing back and forth. LOL But Sunday it's only supposed to be in the 50's so winter may arrive after all.

joytheobscure

I live in Oklahoma, in our county we've had two major wildfires all within twenty miles of my house, we really haven't had a good rain in ages. We're in a major fire alert, although I know you Arizona people know all about the wild fires, I used to live in Zuni New mexico and they always had fire crews out. Its been mainly in the 60s-80s here, I just wish it would rain to clear the air out.

I love Arizona.. the white mountains are one of the prettiest places. I lived in NW Kansas last year and I had enough winter to last me a while.

litlaur

I've been loving the weather here (Atlanta). It's been in the mid 60s. Warm enough that I don't need a jacket if I wear a light long-sleeved shirt, but not hot. The tempurature dropped a bit today, but it's definitely far from cold.