Non-BBR haul -- January 8

vikitty

I trecked down to the MAC counter at The Bay yesterday. BBR was not in but I wasn't disappointed.

The counter was dead when I arrived, so I knew then that BBR couldn't possibly be in. She called and confirmed it's at the PRO store on Robson, but not at the counters (should be in next week).

It wasn't the usual MA that helped me; she was a tiny little Asian girl with awesome purple eyeshadow.
greengrin.gif
She kept LOLing that I knew all of the names and such. I went to the counter with two specific goals -- to find some darker neutrals to wear with the light colors I use as washes. She suggested Satin Taupe and I picked out Patina, and I bought both -- and to find a better brush for applying Fluidline, as I don't like the 266 and find it hard to angle it against the eyelid. She showed me the 209 and 210 and the 210 is definitely the better one.
greengrin.gif

They had the Dame Edna collection stocked but Chill was totally sold out except for the glitter. Bummer! I swatched Wintersky and it is a cooler version of Expensive Pink, and a bit lighter. They had a few shadesticks left, too.

I tried Long Stemmed Rose from my wishlist and didn't like it, so glad I didn't end up swapping for it!

Total came to 79$ after my 20$ MAC g/c I got for Xmas. Then I remembered I got another 25$ for The Bay but I didn't know you could use it on makeup (like Macy's 20% giftcards never work on cosmetics) so I bought a lustreglass in Wonderstruck as well.
greengrin.gif

Ended up with the following:
- Satin Taupe e/s
- Patina e/s
- Angel l/s
- 210 brush
- Blitz & Glitz f/l
- Wonderstruck l/g

Latest posts